Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Michel Bélanger-Roy is a litigation lawyer based in our Montreal office. His practice covers all aspects of civil and commercial litigation, including contracts, administrative and constitutional law, insurance law, construction law and class actions. He has represented major corporations before the Quebec courts and has a significant interest in the law of evidence and procedure.
During his university studies, Mr. Bélanger-Roy, and his team from McGill University, won the national Laskin Moot Court Competition in Canadian administrative and constitutional law, in addition to ranking in the categories of best oralist pair and best factums.
- Quebec 2018
M. Bélanger-Roy acts or has recently acted on behalf of the following clients:
- Matrox Graphics Inc., a Quebec manufacturer of graphics cards, in connection with a $25 million lawsuit relating to the sale of computer equipment.
- Gender Creative Kids Canada, in connection with a pro bono case challenging the constitutionality of provisions of the Civil Code of Québec governing gender identification in official documents.
- Hydro-Québec, in connection with a $36 million lawsuit arising from the construction of an electricity substation.
- Waste Management Recycle America, industry leader in recycling, in connection with an extra-contractual dispute with a competitor.
- Dean's Honour List, McGill University, 2015-2017
- James A. Woods Scholarship in Civil Litigation, McGill University, 2016
- Daniel Mettarlin Memorial Scholarship (Civil law and public interest advocacy), McGill University, 2016
- 1st prize - School; 2nd prize - Pair; 4th prize - Factums, The Laskin Moot, 2016
- Francine and Robert Wiseman International Human Rights Internship Award, McGill University, 2015
- Schull Yang International Experience Award, McGill University, 2015
- Honourable mention for academic performance, Université du Québec à Montréal, 2012
- René Malo award of excellence, Université du Québec à Montréal, 2011
- Cogeco award of excellence, Université du Québec à Montréal, 2010
- "Les actions collectives et la vie privée : comment les éviter ?" (co-author), Repères, September 2016.
- Chairman of the board of directors, Orchestre de l'Agora
- Chairman of the board of directors, Productions Fil d'or
- Young Bar Association of Montreal