Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Sean Williamson’s practice focuses on all aspects of corporate and commercial law with an emphasis on securities, corporate finance, regulatory and corporate law compliance, and mergers and acquisitions. He has acted for public and private companies in a variety of industries on securities offerings, including initial public offerings, private placement financings, purchase and sale transactions and corporate reorganizations.
Prior to joining our office, Mr. Williamson articled and practised securities law at a large Toronto firm. He also served as legal counsel at the Canadian Securities Transition Office, working on the project to establish the proposed co-operative securities regulatory authority.
Before beginning his legal career, Mr. Williamson was actively involved in federal politics, working on campaigns and as a staff member to members of Parliament, including the Leader of the Opposition.
- Ontario 2012
Mr. Williamson has recently acted for the following clients:
- TELUS Corp., in connection with various issuances of its senior secured notes and equity securities
- MedReleaf Corp., in connection with its initial public offering and subsequent bought deal financings
- VISA Inc., in connection with its offering of debt securities, as well as other Canadian securities regulatory matters
- Gold Reserve Inc., in connection with its return of capital transaction
- LSC Lithium Inc., in connection with its rights offering and several private placement financings
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Avesoro Jersey Inc. in connection with its take-over bid for Avesoro Resources Inc.
- ICC Labs Inc., in connection with its acquisition by Aurora Inc.
- Questrade Inc., in connection with its acquisition of Community Capital Corporation
- Origin House (CannaRoyalty Corp.), in connection with its acquisition by Cresco Labs Inc..
- A2Z Advanced Solutions Ltd., in connection with its going-public RTO transaction and listing as A2Z Technologies Canada Corp.