Norton Rose Fulbright (Middle East) LLP
Related services and key industries
Hannah Bradshaw is a compliance, investigations and disputes lawyer based in Dubai.
Hannah advises both individual and corporate clients on a wide range of regulatory and compliance issues. She has experience of dealing with regulators, advising on and conducting internal investigations on behalf of local and multinational clients. Hannah has particular experience of acting for life sciences and health care companies in the Middle East and a broad range of investment firms.
Hannah has advised senior management on their regulatory duties and represented firms and individuals under investigation by different regulators including: the US Securities and Exchange Commission; the US Department of Justice; the UK Financial Conduct Authority; the UK Competition and Markets Authority; and the Dubai International Financial Services Authority (DFSA).
Hannah trained as a solicitor in London and practised as a commercial and criminal litigator before moving to Dubai. Prior to becoming a solicitor she spent a number of years working as a compliance consultant in the UK.
- England and Wales
- Acted as external counsel for all Middle East and North Africa internal investigations for a global healthcare conglomerate.
- Advised a global pharmaceutical and medical device company on the creation of a global remedial action plan following investigations into alleged Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) violations by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and the Department of Justice (DOJ).
- Conducted internal investigations for two different entities on alleged employee harassment in the UAE.
- Successfully defended a regulated investment firm before the Decision Making Committee (DMC) on a DFSA investigation about alleged breaches of its licence.
- Advised an authorised individual of a DFSA regulated financial institution on a wider investigation into the bank's compliance with DFSA regulations.
- Led an internal investigation for a multinational healthcare company on a consultancy agreement based in the Middle East.
- Conducted a compliance health-check for a US company based in the UAE on its regulatory filings, licences, and registrations.
- Conducted an internal review for a US company on its relationships with local sponsors in the UAE and how these relationships were affected by the FCPA and the UK Bribery Act.
- Drafted the regulatory framework for a governmental office in the Middle East.
- Conducted pre-acquisition compliance due diligence for a buyer client before a major acquisition of one of the largest hospitals in Eastern Europe.
- Advised a company based in the Dubai International Financial Centre on the regulatory status of issuing receivables via an online platform in the UAE.
- Advised and successfully submitted an application for a UK-based entity to become a DFSA Recognised Body.