Norton Rose Fulbright (Middle East) LLP
Related services and key industries
James is a corporate associate based in Dubai. He advises on strategic M&A transactions in the MENA market in a wide variety of industries and with joint ventures, corporate structuring and employment and regulatory matters.
Prior to joining Norton Rose Fulbright (Middle East) LLP, James worked in the London office of Norton Rose Fulbright, with a focus on private equity transactions. James has also completed a client secondment to a leading international bank.
James studied Law at University College London.
- University College London (LLB) 2015
- Solicitor qualified in England & Wales
- Advised AXA Liabilities Managers (AXA LM) in their purchase of a majority stake in Emirates Re. Emirates Re, once the largest independent international Islamic reinsurer handling Retakaful business, operates from the Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC)
- Currently advising a multinational insurer in relation to their acquisition of a minority stake in a UAE based insurance company
- Advising Nestlé Middle East FZE on a regular basis in relation to their corporate transactions in the MENA region
- Advising Cooper Pharma in relation to their acquisitions, joint ventures and businesses in North Africa and in the Middle East
- Advising a major local family trading company on the restructuring of its retail joint venture arrangements in the Middle East with its partner
- Advising on the placement of warranties and indemnities (W&I) policies in relation to various strategic M&A transactions in the MENA region
- Advising clients on the establishment of entities in the DIFC, ADGM and various other UAE free zones
Publication | March 02, 2020
Publication | January 20, 2020
Publication | July 11, 2019