Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
- Litigation and disputes
- Bankruptcy, financial restructuring and insolvency
- Alternative dispute resolution (ADR)
- Power and utilities
- Indigenous law
Meghan Parker is a versatile litigator with a practice covering a range of commercial, insolvency and restructuring, regulatory, and administrative matters. Meghan has significant court and tribunal experience, having appeared at all levels of court in Alberta and before the Alberta Utilities Commission and Land and Property Rights Tribunal. She has also acted as counsel in domestic and international arbitrations.
Meghan is experienced in domestic and cross-border insolvencies and regularly advises lenders, borrowers, insolvency professionals and other stakeholders on liquidation, restructuring and recapitalization proceedings. As a commercial litigator, she is relied on as a core team member in complex dispute matters, including shareholder and contractual disputes, professional liability claims, and judicial review of administrative action. Meghan also assists clients with a range of regulatory issues, including electricity, transportation, environmental and food safety matters.
Prior to attending law school, Meghan worked in statistical research in the healthcare industry and was a small business owner. She obtained her Master of Business Administration in 2016, and has been published in the Annual Review of Insolvency Law and Financier Worldwide.
- Alberta 2017
- University Women's Leadership Award, 2015
- "Canada's highest court upholds the priority of financing charges in restructuring proceedings" (co-author), Financier Worldwide, October 2021.
- "Canada's Tired Anti-Deprivation Rule: Capital Steel Inc v Chandos Construction Ltd" (co-author), Annual Review of Insolvency Law, 2019.
- Canadian Bar Association
- Calgary Bar Association
- Law Society of Alberta
- Volunteer, Pro Bono Law Alberta
Publication | July 29, 2021
Publication | January 2021
Publication | October 2, 2020