Norton Rose Fulbright Australia
Related services and key industries
Kerri is a litigation lawyer, specialising in commercial disputes with a focus on consumer markets, franchising, intellectual property, brand management and protection, trade practices law and consumer protection law.
Kerri has extensive expertise in large scale disputes, class actions and general commercial disputes and litigation. She advises across a broad range of industries with a particular focus on franchising, consumer goods, retail and distribution. Kerri also advises clients on enforcement, validity and infringement of intellectual property rights including trade marks and copyright as well as trade practices compliance, defamation and confidential information.
- 7 Eleven Stores Pty Ltd: acted for 7 Eleven in the class action commenced against it in the Federal Court of Australia by current and former franchisees for misleading and deceptive conduct, breach of contract and unconscionable conduct. The proceeding settled prior to trial.
- Australian Pharmaceutical Industries Limited, Priceline Pty Ltd & New Price Retail Services Pty Ltd: defended class action proceedings issued by current and former franchisees in the Supreme Court of Victoria for misleading and deceptive conduct, breach of contract and unconscionable conduct.
- State of Western Australia: currently acting for the State of Western Australia in two Federal Court class actions and two Federal Court individual proceedings.
- Nando's Australia Pty Ltd: defending three proceedings issued in the Supreme Court of Victoria by a former franchisee for misleading and deceptive conduct, breach of contract and unjust enrichment.
- Nestle and Australasian Food Group Pty Ltd : acted for Nestle and AFG in a number of proceedings issued against them by former franchisees for misleading and deceptive conduct in the Federal Court of Australia and the Supreme Court of Queensland.
- Salvatore Ferragamo S.p.A – acting in relation to trade mark and counterfeit matters.
- Goodman Fielder Pte Ltd – acted for Goodman Fielder and La Famiglia Fine Foods Pty Ltd in successfully bringing trade mark infringement proceedings against Conga Foods Pty Ltd and Pastificio Rana S.p.A (Federal Court of Australia and Full Federal Court).