Senior Foreign Counsel
TNB & Partners*
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Diane is a corporate lawyer, based in Jakarta, who focuses on APAC cross-border real estate work with significant experience working in APAC and the Middle East. Diane specialises in advising inbound and outbound investors across multiple sectors and jurisdictions with a focus on joint ventures, infrastructure projects, real estate and risk advisory.
Prior to relocating to Jakarta, Diane was the founder of, and consultant to, Peregrine Advisory FZE, a business and legal consultancy established in Dubai, United Arab Emirates in May 2014. Diane provided consultancy services to a range of clients locally and internationally across various sectors and was also involved in various investment mandates for potential inbound and outbound investors into and from the GCC.
Diane was also concurrently the General Counsel of Exeed Industries LLC in Abu Dhabi in the latter part of 2015 and held a Board position on one of its major subsidiaries.
Diane was employed as the Senior Legal Adviser at Hassad Food Company Q.S.C. (Hassad), the agribusiness investment subsidiary of the Qatar Investment Authority (QIA), the State of Qatar's Sovereign Wealth Fund in Doha, Qatar until April 2014.
Diane was a Middle East and Global Partner of another global law firm and a member of the corporate practice group in Dubai, United Arab Emirates from February 2008 until February 2010.
Diane specialises in mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, public private partnerships, infrastructure projects – rail, road, airports - and corporate/commercial transactions across multiple sectors and jurisdictions.
Before relocating, Diane had been practising for more than 12 years in the Australian and, to a lesser extent, Asian markets, most recently in Sydney and Singapore.
- Solicitor, qualified in New South Wales
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Advising a bidder on the Middle East aspects of its proposed acquisition of the assets/shares of Royal Bank of Scotland in Asia and the Middle East.
- Advising the Al-Futtaim Group on its proposed acquisition of a roofing products business with operations in the United Arab Emirates, China and India.
- Advising DP World (now dual-listed on the NASDAQ Dubai Stock Exchange and the London Stock Exchange) on a proposed multijurisdictional acquisition covering 17 jurisdictions.
- Advising JF Infrastructure (a Leighton/Mirvac joint venture) on its acquisition of a stake in Connector Motorways (the Lane Cove Tunnel operating entity) from Macquarie Bank Limited.
- Advising Babcock & Brown, listed on the ASX, on the sale of its Australian PPP infrastructure assets to an entity subsequently listed on the London Stock Exchange.
- Advising the Commonwealth of Australia, New South Wales and Victoria, as vendors of the shares in National Rail Corporation in the $1.2 billion privatisation of National Rail Corporation and Freight Rail Corporation conducted through a competitive tendering process.
- Advising the Commonwealth Bank of Australia Limited, James Fielding Limited and Toll Holdings Limited as purchasers of the shares in Bankstown Airport Limited, Camden Airport Limited and Hoxton Park Airport Limited conducted through a competitive tendering process.
- Advising Allco Finance Limited in relation to the Malwyn Holdings Pty Limited merger with the Deutsche Bank Capital Partners controlled Portfolio Management Group Holdings Pty Limited. Pre-merger restructuring was also conducted.
- Advising AXA Asia Pacific Holdings in relation to its $265 million acquisition of iPac Securities Limited.
- Advising Euronet Worldwide Inc, a NASDAQ listed entity, in relation to the Australian aspects of its acquisition of e-pay Limited, a United Kingdom public company and its Australian subsidiary, e-pay Australia Pty Ltd.
- Advising Telstra Corporation Limited, an ASX listed entity, in relation to its proposed acquisition of a majority stake in an offshore telecommunications company in Asia.
- Advising Goodman Fielder Limited, an ASX listed entity, in relation to the combined disposal of three flourmill businesses as well as in the disposal of its dried fruit business.
- Advising Broken Hill Proprietary Company Limited, dual listed on the ASX and the London Stock Exchanges, in relation to the sale of BHP Lifting Products to RMB Australia Holdings Pty Ltd.
- Advising Perpetual Trustees Australia Limited, listed on the ASX, as trustee of the Australian Wine and Horticultural Fund in relation to the attempted hostile takeover of the Fund by AIDC Limited and also in relation to the proposed disposal of other key stakeholder interests.
- Advising Civic Video Pty Ltd in relation to its acquisition of Premier Home Entertainment Pty Ltd.
Public Private Partnerships
- Advising Nakheel PJSC in relation to the corporate aspects of the Waterfront Wastewater Treatment System Project, Jumeirah Golf Estates Wastewater Treatment System Project and International City Wastewater Treatment System Project.
- Advising Aqualia Gestion Integral del Aqua S.A in relation to the corporate aspects of its PPP bid for the wastewater treatment plant in New Cairo City with the Egyptian Ministry of Housing, Utilities and Urban Development.
- Advising Babcock & Brown in relation to the tendering, preparation of bid documentation and corporate/construction/operation and maintenance aspects of its bid for the University of New South Wales High Street Housing Project.
- Advising Babcock & Brown, a preferred proponent in relation to its tendering, preparation of bid documentation and corporate/construction/operation and maintenance aspects of its bid for the Brisbane Airport Link/Northern Busway (Windsor to Kedron) public private partnership.
- Advising the Commonwealth of Australia's Department of Defence in relation to the preparation of tender documentation, including suite of contract documentation, tender process, review and award of tenders and negotiation of final contracts in the Headquarters Joint Operation Command Privately Financed Project.
- Advising the New South Wales Department of Housing in relation to the preparation of tender documentation, including suite of contract documentation, tender process, review and award of tenders and negotiation of final contracts in relation to the Social and Affordable Housing Privately Financed Project.
- Advising the New South Wales Department of Education and Training in relation to the preparation of tender documentation, including suite of contract documentation, tender process, review and award of tenders and negotiation of final contracts in relation to the New Schools Privately Financed Project.
Hotels, Resorts and Tourism
- Advising Dnata World Travel, a member of the Emirates Group, on its multijurisdictional acquisition of a stake in MindPearl Group, a contact centre operator.
- Advising Macquarie Bank Limited in relation to establishing its hotel trust and, particularly, on its proposed acquisition of The Esplanade Hotel, Newcastle, Australia.
- Advising Hai Sun Hup Group in relation to its acquisition of The Ramada Hotel, North Ryde, Australia.
- Advising Pacific International Limited in relation to pre-float acquisitions of travel/leisure businesses in New Zealand and the Unites States (and in relation to its proposed listing on the Australian Stock Exchange).
- Advising Kumagai Gumi in relation to the proposed restructuring of its interest in the Hyatt Coolum Hotel, Coolum, Australia.
- Advising SHC - Properties, the-then owners of The Ritz-Carlton Hotel, Sydney, Australia on a range of hotel management, corporate and commercial issues, including Management Agreement matters with Ritz-Carlton.
- Advising P&O Australia Limited on a range of corporate and commercial issues.
- Advising DyStar Textilfarben GmbH in relation to the Australian aspects of its corporation reorganisation. Advising Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu, in its capacity of Administrator of Westbus Pty Limited
- (Administrators Appointed), in relation to the negotiation of Metropolitan Bus Services Contracts with the Ministry of Transport of the New South Wales Government.
- Advising Insurance Australia Group Limited in relation to its corporate reorganisations by way of a statutory scheme of arrangement.
- Advising Euronet Worldwide Inc, a NASDAQ listed entity, in relation to the post-acquisition corporate reorganisation of its Australian subsidiaries.
- Advising KPMG, in its capacity of Administrator, in relation to the sale of shares by IOR Friendly Society Pty Ltd in IOR Australia Pty Limited (Administrator Appointed) to The Hospitals Contribution Fund of Australia Limited.
- Advising Ferrier Hodgson, in its capacity of Receiver and Manager, in relation to the sale of the Haselgrove Wines business to a Bank of Western Australia Limited entity.
- Advising Trident Australasia (FZE), a provider of services to the on-shore and off-shore oil and gas industry, in relation to numerous joint ventures in the GCC.
- Advising Insurance Australia Group Limited's subsidiary, Insurance Manufacturers of Australia Pty Limited, (a NRMA/RACV joint venture) in relation to a range of corporate issues and its commercial contracts, in particular in relation to supply chain management.
- Advising Stellar Call Centres, a Telstra joint venture, on a range of corporate and commercial contractual issues, including drafting and negotiating call centre service provider agreements.
- Advising YSL Beaute Australia Pty Limited in relation to corporate and commercial issues.
- Advising Ampol Australia Pty Limited on public company issues arising out of its merger with Caltex Australia Limited as well as corporate governance issues.
- Work involved the management and development of protocols in negotiating and settling retail leasing precedents, liaising with project managers, negotiating and settling numerous retail leases for clients including Alfred Dunhill of London Pty Ltd, Diane Fries (Australia) Pty Ltd, Crabtree & Evelyn Australia Pty Ltd and Digicall Retail Pty Ltd. The Digicall retail lease roll-out involved negotiating and finalising lease documentation for 55 retail premises located throughout Australia.
- Advising off-shore sub-franchisors setting up Australian franchise operations. Providing general franchise advice to franchisors.