Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Erika Anschuetz practises in all areas of commercial and civil litigation, with a focus on contractual disputes, product liability, consumer product safety, securities litigation, and class actions.
Erika has represented individuals, businesses, financial institutions, and regulatory bodies in a range of disputes before the Ontario Superior Court of Justice, Divisional Court, Court of Appeal for Ontario, British Columbia Supreme Court, and the Supreme Court of Canada.
Erika also routinely advises organizations regulated by Health Canada and the Canadian Food Inspection Agency on a variety of compliance and enforcement issues, including product recalls.
While in law school, Erika competed in the Gale Cup Moot and volunteered with the Student Legal Information Clinic and Pro-Bono Students Canada. Erika maintained Dean's List designation throughout law school, graduated among the top 10 students in her class, and received the Bryden Family Prize in Administrative Law and the McInnes Cooper Prize in Trial Advocacy. Before law school, Erika worked in learning and development for a global human capital management company.
- Ontario 2017
Erika's representative experience includes:
- Representing a hospitality company in an action alleging bad faith in the termination of a lease. Judgment was granted in the client's favour following a four-week commercial list trial and was upheld on appeal
- Representing a pharmaceutical company in a proposed class action and related individual litigation
- Representing an investment management firm in an action against a public issuer seeking damages based on alleged misrepresentations in public disclosures
- Representing a Canadian financial institution in an application to pass mutual fund accounts
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association
- Law Society of Upper Canada
Webinar | November 09, 2023
Publication | July 3, 2023
Publication | June 14, 2023