Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Nathaniel Misri practises predominately in the areas of corporate and commercial law, with a primary focus on mergers and acquisitions, corporate reorganizations and debt and equity financing transactions. Nate works with clients in a wide variety of industry sectors.
Nate provides practical and timely legal and strategic advice to clients in connection with transactional matters as well as general corporate and commercial advice for large and small businesses alike. He also has broad experience in the maritime and shipping industry, having completed a year-long secondment to a major ship owner and worldwide leader in independent containership management. Nate has experience in the purchase and sale of vessels, negotiating charterparties, various forms of BIMCO agreements, as well as international shipping finance, contractual and dispute-related matters.
Nate has a keen sense of how and when disputes blend with transactional matters, having completed a judicial clerkship at the British Columbia Supreme Court after finishing law school. Prior to joining Norton Rose Fulbright, Nate practised for four years in the financial services group of a leading Calgary law firm.
Nate is called to the bar in New York, Alberta and British Columbia.
J.D., Dalhousie University, 2009
M.B.A., Dalhousie University, 2009
B.Mus., McGill University, 2005
- New York State Bar 2011
- Alberta 2012
- British Columbia 2011
Private Equity M&A
- Tidewater Holdings in its acquisition of marine industrial services provider Island Tug and Barge
- Stern Partners in its acquisition of Auld Phillips, sale of its interest in Flexstar Packaging and in its acquiring assets of BioFert Manufacturing
- Russell Food Equipment in the sale of the Russell Food Equipment and Quest Metal group of companies to Blue Point Capital Partners
- TELUS in its acquisitions of Raftview Communications and Mascon Cable
- Coastal Pacific Xpress in its sale to VersaCold Logistics Services. The transaction earned British Columbia Association for Corporate Growth’s "Dealmakers of the Year" award (2016)
- Hexagon AB in its acquisition of Multivista group of companies
- BMS Integrated Services and Action Data Communication group of companies in their sale to Paladin Security Systems
- Inguran (dba "ST genetics") in its acquisition of (1) Saskatchewan-based and swine genetics leader Fast Genetics from HyLife; (2) the Quebec-based bovine genetics business of Trans-America Genetics
Venture Capital Investments
- TELUS Ventures in its investment in Mojio
- Venture capital funds in multiple investments in software technology companies
Thomson Reuters Stand-out Lawyers, 2022
- Canadian Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Association for Corporate Growth
- The Canadian Maritime Law Association