Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Mario Rubio assists clients with real estate transactions involving the acquisition, financing, leasing, development, subdivision and sale of commercial, industrial, office, retail and residential properties.
Mr. Rubio represents a broad range of clients, including developers, retail companies, mining companies, forestry companies, societies, port authorities and other commercial, industrial and residential landowners.
J.D., University of British Columbia, 2010
B.A., University of British Columbia, 2006
- British Columbia 2011
Mr. Rubio has acted for the following clients:
- TELUS in connection with the air space parcel subdivision and $42 million sale of its former headquarters at 555 Robson Street in Vancouver, BC
- The purchaser of a $108 million interest in a shopping centre in Abbotsford, BC
- A large national retail chain in connection with leasing matters related to its 78 stores across Canada
- A pension plan in its sale of a land-holding company that owned $48 million in real property assets located in Vancouver, BC
- The vendors of the Russell Food Equipment and Quest Metal group of companies on the real estate aspects of the sale and the related leasing of 17 distribution and manufacturing facilities to the purchasers
- Rio Tinto Alcan on the real estate aspects of the grant to LNG Canada of options to purchase and lease certain lands for a proposed natural gas liquefaction plant and export terminal in Kitimat, BC
- Inguran, LLC (dba Sexing Technologies) on the real estate aspects of its acquisition of swine genetics leader Fast Genetics Inc. from HyLife Ltd.
- A BC non-profit society with the acquisition, development and leasing of several supportive housing properties in Vancouver, BC
- An Ontario company in connection with its $9 million sale of land in Surrey, BC
- A port authority on the real estate aspects of various terminal projects
- Canadian Bar Association - Vancouver Real Property Subsection, Executive Committee Member (Co-Chair)
- Law Society of British Columbia