Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Michael Posnikoff is a partner in our business law group, where he works with clients in a wide range of industry sectors including maritime, transportation, software development, food processing and distribution, real estate, construction, alternative energy, energy, forestry and oil and gas.
His practice is primarily focused on mergers and acquisitions involving public and private companies, divestitures, debt and equity financings, shareholder agreements and corporate reorganizations. He also has considerable experience providing general corporate commercial and legal advice to clients, including the drafting and negotiating of commercial agreements, advising clients on the impact of legal issues material to the operation of their businesses, and assisting clients with due diligence investigations. With respect to equity financings, Mr. Posnikoff has provided advice and assisted numerous clients with participation in the British Columbia tax credit programs available to eligible businesses and investors under the Small Business Venture Capital Act.
In addition, Mr. Posnikoff has considerable experience in providing maritime clients with advice as well as drafting and negotiating agreements related to maritime vessel transfers, shipbuilding and ship repair arrangements and vessel registration matters.
Before joining us as an associate, Mr. Posnikoff was called to the bar in Nova Scotia, where he practiced as an associate in corporate and commercial law as well as tax law.
LL.B., University of British Columbia, 2001
B.Sc., University of British Columbia, 1997
- British Columbia 2005
- Nova Scotia 2002
Mr. Posnikoff has acted for the following clients:
- An oil and gas company in connection with the $35 million sale of its business to a TSX-listed company
- A UK-based company in connection with the $20 million acquisition of an insulated panel business with manufacturing and distribution operations in Canada and the United States
- An international alternative energy consumer product supply and installation company in connection with the strategic acquisition of two energy-related product supply and installation companies, as well as the participation in numerous government-funded energy efficiency projects and programs
- An international maritime shipping company with the disposition of a container vessel to an Italian company as well as the acquisition of barges from an American vendor
- A British Columbia bio-energy company in the refinancing of its Canadian operations and participation in government-funded equity investment tax credit programs, as well as with the drafting and negotiation of its key supply and distribution agreements
- 2017 Best Lawyers in Canada: Recognized leading lawyer in the area of Corporate Law
Publication | April 2018
Update on the proposed framework for distribution and sale of recreational cannabis in British Columbia
Publication | February 2018
Webinar | Wednesday, October 16, 2019