Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Brad Sollis is a partner in our business law team, where he advises private and public companies on all aspects of corporate and commercial law, including mergers and acquisitions, corporate reorganizations, joint ventures, the formation and structuring of businesses, financings and due diligence. He works with clients in a wide range of industry sectors, including manufacturing, technology, hospitality, infrastructure, real estate, mining and construction. He also regularly acts for private equity and venture capital firms in connection with acquisitions, divestitures and investments.
Mr. Sollis's experience includes providing legal advice in connection with transactional matters, as well as providing ongoing general corporate, commercial and strategic advice to large and small businesses. He has considerable experience with negotiating and drafting asset and share purchase agreements, shareholders’ agreements and other commercial documents.
Before attending law school, Mr. Sollis completed the Canadian Securities Course.
Professional experienceExpand all Collapse all
LL.B., University of Manitoba, 2010
- British Columbia 2011
Mr. Sollis has acted for the following clients:
- TELUS in numerous private company acquisitions, including acquisitions in the healthcare, technology, home security and telecommunications industries
- Stern Partners Inc. and other shareholders on the sale of all of the shares of Greenstar Plant Products Inc. to Hydrofarm Holdings Group, Inc.
- The owners of Valley Traffic Systems Inc. in connection with their sale to Universal Group
- Yellow Point Equity Partners in connection with its acquisition of MacKay CEO Forums
- TELUS Ventures and TELUS Pollinator Fund for Good in connection with numerous minority investment transactions
- Accel-Rx Health Sciences Accelerator Society with its sale to AdMare BioInnovations
- Point Grey Research Inc. in connection with the US$259 million sale of substantially all of its assets and business to FLIR Systems, Inc.
- Baring Private Equity Asia and EduCo International Group in their acquisition of Acsenda School of Management
- Eli Global, LLC in its acquisition of CBV Collection Services Ltd. from Yellow Point Equity Partners II LP
- A local real estate developer in connection with numerous joint venture partnerships with institutional investors
- Best Lawyers in Canada: Corporate Law, Mergers and Acquisitions Law, 2023
- Thomson Reuters Stand-out Lawyers, 2022-2023
- Acritas Stars 2020, 2021 – Designated as an "Independently rated lawyer"
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of British Columbia
- Association for Corporate Growth
M&A academy series: M&A trends and opportunities in digital healthcare
Webinar | September 21, 2021