C. Decatur Howe
Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
C. Decatur HowevCard
Related services and key industries
Decatur Howe practises in our business group with emphasis on commercial real estate including acquisitions, leasing and management, corporate law matters, business acquisitions and mergers, joint ventures, capital reorganizations, limited partnerships, and forest industry matters.
A considerable portion of Mr. Howe’s practice is in the area of commercial real estate, specifically in acting for owners of shopping centres, apartment buildings and office buildings. He advises pension plans and real estate developers on real estate joint ventures and other aspects of commercial real estate law, and counsels a wide variety of business clients, including forest industry companies, automobile manufacturers and distributors, trading companies, shipping agencies, railways, marina operators, information technology consultants, garden supply retailers, and marine transportation companies.
LL.B., University of British Columbia, 1979
B.A., University of Toronto, 1974
Mr. Howe has advised the following clients:
- Bowater Canadian Forest Products Inc.
- Leland Investment Corporation Limited
- Seaspan Coastal Intermodal Company
- Washington Marine Group
- Nissan Canada Inc.
- Mercedes-Benz Canada Inc.
- IWA-Forest Industry Pension Plan
- Southern Railway of British Columbia Limited
- General Electric Canada Inc.
- General Electric Investment Corporation
- 2017 Best Lawyers in Canada: Recognized leading lawyer in the area of Commercial Leasing Law
- 2016 Best Lawyers in Canada: Recognized leading lawyer in the area of Commercial Leasing Law
- LexisNexis - Martindale-Hubbell: BV Peer Review Rated
- British Columbia Company Act Review Committee
- Canadian Bar Association
- Canadian Bar Association - Business Law Section, Forestry Law Section, Real Property Section, BC Branch