Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Related services and key industries
Maximilian Schmitz is an intellectual property lawyer based in Munich. He advises on litigation and dispute resolution on the full range of intellectual property rights, with a particular focus on patent law.
He advises national and international companies in accordance with intellectual property rights relating to patent, utility model, trademark, design and trade secret law as well as competition law. Besides his focus on patent infringement proceedings, he also advises on invalidation proceedings before the Federal Patent Court and Federal Supreme Court as well as opposition proceedings before the German Patent and Trademark Office and the European Patent Office.
In addition to his work in contentious proceedings, his advice also includes the area of IP-related M&A transactions and the drafting and negotiation of licensing and R&D agreements.
Maximilian inter alia advises clients in the field of mechanical engineering, pharmaceuticals, medical technology, bioscience, electrical engineering, sports equipment as well as cyber and network security technology.
- Law - Ludwigs Maximilians University, Munich (Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München); and the University of Augsburg
- Master of Laws degree (LL.M.) in intellectual property - Heinrich-Heine University Duesseldorf
- Fachanwalt für gewerblichen Rechtsschutz
- Rechtschutzbedürfnis im Nichtigkeitsverfahren, GRUR-Prax, 2022, 609.
- Erleichterter einstweiliger Rechtsschutz in Patentsachen (Co-Autor), GRUR-Prax, 2022, 314.
- German Association for the Protection of Industrial Property and Copyrights (GRUR e.V.).
- Munich Bar Association
Publication | Issue November 2022
Publication | November 08, 2022
Publication | May 25, 2022