Related services and key industries
Alexandra Neovius is a corporate lawyer based in London. She advises clients on acquisitions and disposals, joint ventures and other commercial transactions, with a particular focus on the energy and natural resources sector.
2006 – LLB, University of New South Wales
2006 – BA, University of New South Wales
- England and Wales
- New South Wales
- Advised AES Corporation in connection with the US$202 million sale of its business in Cameroon to emerging markets investor Actis.
- Represented Bank of Cyprus on the sale of its Ukrainian subsidiary PJSC “Bank of Cyprus” and associated debt to the Alfa-Bank Group.
- Advised a European development bank on its sale of a tropical fruit processing business based in Ecuador.
- Advised AES Corporation on the sale of its interests in Kyivoblenergo and Rivneoblenergo, two Ukrainian regional power distribution companies, to VS Energy International.
- Advised Kazakhstan vendors in relation to the development of an oil and gas field in eastern Kazakhstan, including on the sale of an indirect interest in the field, financing of field development, construction of the first privately owned cross border gas pipeline in Kazakhstan, and development of a LNG processing facility in western China.
- Represented Origin Enterprises plc, an agricultural services group listed on the Dublin Stock Exchange and AIM, on its acquisition of 60% of Agroscope Ukraine, an importer and distributor of seeds and agrichemicals , creating a new joint venture in Ukraine.
- Participated in advising a syndicate of 28 international lenders on the US$400 million restructuring of PJSC Kreditprombank, a leading Ukrainian retail bank.
- Advised an AIM-listed agriculture business on a proposed joint venture focusing on the Middle East and North Africa.
- Assisted a major US oil company in documenting its agreements in connection with a joint venture in Russia.
- Acted for a leading US oilfield group in its acquisition of a distribution business in Kazakhstan.
- Participated in advising Horizon Capital in relation to its acquisition of a minority interest in a Ukraine-based IT outsourcing business.
- Assisted the majority shareholders of a holding company with interests in two significant oil fields in Kazakhstan on the US$400 million sale of their shares to a Chinese company.
- Advised an AIM-listed oil exploration company with assets in Kazakhstan in relation to several corporate transactions.
- Advised an international commodities broker in connection with a joint venture to develop a port project on the Black Sea.
- Assisted a shareholder in a Russian mining and power generating group in relation to its agreements with other shareholders.
- Participated in advising China National Petroleum Corporation in the second phase of its sale of shares in PetroKazakhstan Inc. to KazMunaiGas, which consisted of the restructuring and acquisition of interests in the Shymkent oil refinery in Kazakhstan by CNPC and KMG.
- Participated in advising a leading private equity fund on a combined debt and equity investment in a London Stock Exchange listed entity operating a significant producing oil and gas field in Kazakhstan.
- Advised an international EPCM services provider in relation to the establishment of several subsidiaries in Kazakhstan.
- Coordinated advice from 14 jurisdictions for the Kazakhstan subsidiary of a major US oil company on liability for accidents occurring during the transportation of hydrocarbons.
- Participated in advising a consortium of international oil and gas companies in establishing a Tier 2 hydrocarbon incident response association with operations around the Caspian Sea region.
- Coordinated the due diligence exercise for a prospective purchaser of a Kazakhstan telecommunications business.
- Co-author, "Mozambique’s New Petroleum Regime," Project Finance NewsWire, November 2014
- "Russia Sanctions Update September 2014," Client Alert, September 24, 2014
- "Russia Sanctions Update: US and EU impose restrictions on finance, energy, and military," Client Alert, August 6, 2014
- "Getting closure: deal certainty in an uncertain market," Financier Worldwide, June 2014
- "Feel Free to Tear it Up: Oral Variation Resurrects Unlawful Break Fee," Corporate Practice NewsWire, September 2012
- "A little introduction to Almaty, Kazakhstan," The Arbiter, Issue 5, March 2011