Norton Rose Fulbright South Africa Inc
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Akira is an Associate in the corporate, mergers and acquisitions team based in Johannesburg.
Akira's areas of practice include mergers and acquisitions, and general transactional and advisory work. She has experience in both domestic and cross-border transactions. Akira has assisted our clients who are expanding their operations into the South African market, merging with or acquiring new businesses, disposing of their businesses or working with new business partners to identify potential legal risks and propose strategies to reduce clients' exposure by both assisting on and managing due diligence investigations across Africa.
Akira has also advised on the JSE listing requirements, regulatory investigations, corporate governance issues and on buyer-side warranty and indemnity insurance in relation to acquisitions of shares in South African companies.
Akira holds a Bachelor of Social Science degree in Economics and Psychology; an Honours degree in Psychology and a post-graduate Bachelor of Laws degree from the University of Cape Town.
- qualified in South Africa
- Acted for Brookfield Asset Management in the sale of five project companies (four solar and one wind), and their management company.
- Advised a South African based mining company on the Black Economic Empowerment restructure of the group.
- Advised on the sale of shares in two mobile content and value-added services companies based in South Africa and Mauritius.
- Advised SunEdison Renewable Energy Southern Africa Proprietary Limited on the sale of shares in Core Energy (RF) Proprietary Limited and Erika Energy (RF) Proprietary Limited, in its capacity as remaining shareholder in each target company.
- Acted for European Quality Housewares Ltd relative to its acquisition of shares in New Wechsler Proprietary Limited.
- Acted for Firmenich Proprietary Limited relative to its acquisition of Flavourome Proprietary Limited.
- Acted for PAREXEL International Limited relative to the sale of its shares in FARMOVS PAREXEL Proprietary Limited.
- Acted for Fairfax Africa Investments Proprietary Limited relative to the partial offer made to acquire shares representing a value of R2 billion of the issued share capital of PPC Limited.
- Acted for responsAbility Renewable Energy Holding relative to the acquisition of shares in Renewable Energy Holdings Proprietary Limited.
- Acted for PSP Investments in respect of the sale of 1,983 residential units spread across seven properties representing a value of R1.21 billion from International Housing Solutions Residential Partners 1 (RF) Property Limited, a leading real estate fund and property manager focused on the development of residential housing, to a specialised residential property fund listed on the AltX Board on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange, Transcend Residential Property Fund Limited.