Norton Rose Fulbright Australia
Related services and key industries
Shanil Lal is a corporate lawyer based in Sydney specialising in mergers and acquisitions and venture capital investments, with a particular focus on the technology sector.
Shanil is experienced in assisting clients with sale processes, corporate restructurings, private fundraisings, shareholders agreement between founders and investors, and general corporate matters. He is passionate about helping clients meet their commercial objectives by delivering clear, tailored and practical advice.
Shanil previously worked at another top tier Australian law firm. He also worked in-house for WiseTech Global Limited (ASX: WTC) as part of their mergers and acquisitions team overseeing acquisitions of freight and logistics technology businesses in Europe, the APAC region and the Americas.
- Bachelor of Law Business Bachelor of Law, University of Technology, Sydney (2013)
- Supreme Court of New South Wales 2014
- High Court of Australia 2014
- L3 Technologies, Inc. (NYSE:LLL) on its acquisition of Linchpin Labs and Azimuth Security, two information security businesses, which operate across the Five Eyes (Australia, Canada, America, Canada and New Zealand)
- Francisco Partners on its Series A investment into PetCircle
- Visual Risk on its acquisition by GTreasury and Mainsail Partners
- Technology Crossover Ventures on its Series D investment into Siteminder
- Thorn Group in respect of its sale of assets associated with Thorn Financial Services to Australian debt collector Credit Corp
- In2Food Group in respect of its acquisition of two leading Australian food and produce business, Yarra Valley Farms and T&F All States
- China Investment Corporation in respect of its acquisition of Investa Office Fund's (ASX:IOF) $2.45bn commercial office portfolio*
- Wisetech Global Limited (ASX: WTC) on its initial public offering and pre-IPO structuring*
- Macquarie Group Limited (ASX: MQG) in respect of its acquisition of ANZ Group Limited's (ASX: ANZ) ESANDA personal and business finance portfolio*
- RESIMAC Limited in its reverse takeover of Homeloans Limited (ASX: HOM) by way of scheme of arrangement*
- 360 Capital Group Limited (ASX: TGP) in respect of its takeover of Australian Industrial REIT (formerly ASX: ANI)*
- Xenith IP Group Limited (ASX: XIP), a leading listed service provider intellectual property solutions, in respect of its acquisition of competitor Griffith Hack*
- Macquarie Media Limited (ASX: MML) in respect of its sale of Radio 2CH to listed investment firm Oceania Capital Partners (ASX: OCP)*
- Macquarie Group Limited (ASX: MQG) in respect of its balance sheet technology investments*