Norton Rose Fulbright South Africa Inc
Related services and key industries
Yolanda is an insurance litigation lawyer based in Johannesburg.
Her litigation and disputes practice includes insurance law, medical law and malpractice, product liability, personal injury, professional, delictual and contractual issues across South Africa, as well as other jurisdictions in Africa.
Her insurance practice focuses on issues related to insurance law, medical law and malpractice, personal injury, public liability, professional indemnity and product liability.
She has extensive experience in medical and dental matters and has represented insurers, government departments and clients, including international indemnity organisations, the security industry and the medical and dental professions.
LLB - University of the Witwatersrand, 2012
- Attorney, qualified in South Africa 2014
- Medical law and malpractice litigation – she acts for two private hospital groups in South Africa.
- She has acted for one of the largest UK based medical insurers and has assisted and represented many of their insured practitioners in dealing with complaints and claims brought through regulatory bodies such as the Health Profession's Council of South Africa and in civil claims of varying types including cerebral palsy claims.
- Yolanda is one fo the lawyers acting on behalf of a Provincial Department of Health in respect of defending medical neglgence claims which exceed ZAR580 million in value.
- Yolanda has successfully obtained the withdrawal of claims against a Provincial Department of Health (cerebral palsy and other medical negligence claims) to the value of ZAR83 million.