Norton Rose Fulbright (Asia) LLP
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Adriana Uson is a dispute resolution lawyer based in Singapore. Her practice involves advising and representing clients in cross-border disputes and international arbitration.
Prior to joining the firm, Adriana was counsel at the Singapore International Arbitration Centre (SIAC) where she administered over 200 cases under various versions of the SIAC Rules and UNCITRAL Arbitration Rules, including: cases involving investor-state disputes; SIAC Emergency Arbitrator procedure; SIAC-SIMC Arb-Med-Arb Protocol; and applications for consolidation and joinder of third parties.
Adriana has recently been selected by SIAC as one of its new young committee members. She was previously a member of the drafting committees for the SIAC Rules 2016, SIAC Investment Arbitration Rules 2017 and SIAC Practice Notes.
Adriana previously worked as a litigation and dispute resolution associate at a top-tier law firm in the Philippines.
She graduated class valedictorian and gold medallist from the De La Salle University – Far Eastern University dual degree program where she received her Juris Doctor and Master's in Business Administration degrees.
- qualified in Philippines.
- Attorney at law
- Represented an international bank in SIAC arbitration proceedings against a Southeast Asian bank for claims arising from a sale and purchase agreement of a retail and commercial banking business
- Represented a Malaysian energy and manufacturing conglomerate in SIAC arbitration proceedings against its US distributor for claims concerning non-payment and product distribution amounting to US$50m
- Acted for a US private equity investment fund in SIAC arbitration proceedings to enforce corporate guarantees issued by a Southeast Asian shipping conglomerate
- Mandatory Laws – getting the right law in the right place, book chapter in Jurisdiction, Admissibility, Choice of Law in International Arbitration: Festschrift with Lawrence G S Boo, 2018
- Book Review: Building International Investment Law: The First 50 Years of ICSID, 12 Asian International Arbitration Journal with Lawrence G S Boo, Issue 2, pp. 259-265, 2016
- Singapore Institute of Arbitrators' Guidelines on Party-Representative Ethics, with Chan Leng Sun SC, Mohan Pillay and Rian Matthews
- Relooking at Consent in Arbitration, Kluwer Arbitration Blog, with Benson Lim, Assistant Editor for East and Central Asia, February 12 2019
- Drafting arbitration clauses in international commercial contracts, Divina Law Certificate Course on International Commercial Arbitration for Philippine Companies, Makati City, Philippines, 2018
- Resolving IP disputes through arbitration, 39th Global Legal & IP Conference, Singapore, 2018
- Time and cost savers at SIAC: emergency arbitration, expedited procedure and early dismissal, SIAC Academy, Singapore, 2017
- SIAC: 2017 primer and updates, Dispute resolution in Asia workshop, Kobe University, Kobe, Japan, 2017
- Ethical issues for arbitrators and party-representatives, Singapore Institute of Arbitrators' Seminar, Singapore, 2017
- Efficient arbitration – techniques to minimise delay and expense in international cross-border disputes, Inter-Pacific Bar Association Annual Meeting and Conference, Auckland, New Zealand, 2017
- Asia as a hub for International Centre for Dispute Resolution, 31st Global Legal & IP Conference, Singapore, 2017
- Key trends and updates in managing cross-border disputes, Asialaw Asia-Pacific Dispute Resolution Summit, Hong Kong, 2016
- A new way of financing investment arbitration, Investor-State Dispute Settlement Seminar, Korean Commercial Arbitration Board and Asia-Pacific Law Institute, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea, 2016