Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Olivia Cook is an environmental, health and safety lawyer based in London.
She has experience of advising on the environmental, health and safety and planning aspects of sales, acquisitions and refinancings; on legal health and safety compliance reviews of UK-based and global companies, in particular with regard to COVID-19; and EU and UK product labelling and safety requirements for various product types.
Olivia trained with the firm and qualified in March 2020.
- qualified in England & Wales 2020
- A multinational energy company - on the environmental and health and safety aspects of the purchase of a UK-based electricity generating plant
- An engineering company - on the environmental and health and safety aspects of the purchase of multiple mining sites around the world
- A global manufacturer - on the decommissioning requirements applicable to its assets in the UK for the purpose of determining its asset retirement obligations
- An investment bank and financial services company - on its Streamlined Energy and Carbon Reporting (SECR) obligations with regard to its UK entities
- Civitas care homes - on the preparation of certificates of title
- A major supermarket - preparing certificates of title for the refinancing of a major supermarket in two locations
- Residents - on potential enforcement action regarding the development of a number of neighbouring properties
- A property company - regarding the removal of public telephone boxes outside the company's development
Health & Safety
- On the health and safety obligations of an employer towards its employees and workers in multiple jurisdictions around the world in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic, including advice on risk assessments and consultation with regard to working from home and returning to the office
- On an investigation by the Health and Safety Executive into a RIDDOR classed 'dangerous occurrence' after the release of hyrdocarbons from a plant
- On the potential product liability of an EU company providing e-commerce fulfilment services for products manufactured in the United States
- A retailer - on the product regulatory requirements for antimicrobial / chemically treated apparel
- A manufacturer of hose fittings and accessories - on its notification obligations falling under the REACH Regulation and the CLP Regulations
- A battery manufacturer - on customer service and consumer care obligations, particularly with regard to the provision of a customer telephone service
- On the product liability aspects of the purchase of a UK group that manufactures and sells products for plumbing and central heating maintenance