Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Cynthia Sargeant's practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, securities law, and general corporate and commercial matters. She has acted for public and private companies and underwriters in connection with public offerings, private placement financings, purchase and sale transactions (including by way of a take-over bid and plan of arrangement) and corporate reorganizations. Ms. Sargeant provides ongoing advice to public issuers regarding corporate governance requirements, continuous disclosure obligations and stock exchange matters.
Prior to joining us, Ms. Sargeant was in-house counsel at a major financial institution and was previously a partner at a prominent Toronto law firm.
- Ontario 2004
Mergers, Acquisitions and Dispositions
- Gennum Corporation - on its $500-million acquisition by Semtech Corporation
- Cliffs Natural Resources Inc. - on its contested acquisitions of Freewest Resources Inc. for $240 million and Spider Resources Inc. for $107 million
- Wescast Industries Inc. - on its $200-million acquisition by Sichuan Bohong Industry Co., Ltd.
- The Toronto-Dominion Bank - on its disposition of TD Direct Investing to Interactive Investors
- Schneider Electric Industries SAS - on its acquisitions of SCL Elements Inc. and Viconics Electronics Inc.
- Kazakhmys PLC - on its $290-million acquisition of Eurasia Gold Inc.
- Various underwriters - on its $1-billion initial public offering of REIT units and senior unsecured debentures of Choice Properties REIT in 2013
- CI Financial Corp. - on its $450-million public offering of debentures and renewal of its $1.5-billion shelf prospectus
- Bell Aliant Regional Communications, Limited Partnership - on its renewal of $1.5-billion medium-term note shelf prospectus and subsequent $350-million, $300-million and $400-million public offerings of notes
- Ontario Bar Association