Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Scot Diamond has extensive experience in real estate development, leasing and real estate law in general. He has particular experience in condominium, condo-hotel, phased co-ownership and fractional ownership. He practises in the areas of commercial law, corporate law, financings, asset and share purchases and non-profit organizations.
His broad experience in real estate development includes title examinations, examination of title to mining assets, acquisition and sale of immovable property, leasing, development, financing (acting for both lenders and borrowers), hotel management agreements, shared services agreements and construction contracts. He has served a varied and diverse clientele including real estate developers, banks, wind power developers, petrochemical corporation and pulp and paper and forestry companies.
- Quebec 1991
- Intrawest Corporation: development of the Mont Tremblant resort involving investment of more than $1 billion
- Mont Tremblant Resorts and Company, Limited Partnership: sale of the commercial spaces at the Mont Tremblant resort to a consortium of investors
- Château M.T. Inc.: $23 million financing of the assets of a hotel complex
- Terrasse Redpath: acquisition for $21 million of the bare ownership of an immovable subject to an emphyteutic lease and on which three divided co-ownership (condominium) projects are constructed
- Best Lawyers in Canada
- "Mixed Use Developments," forum on Real Estate and Urban Development in Quebec, OpenForumOuvert, September 27, 2016.
- "Negotiation of Lease Assignment and Sublet Clauses," conference on the Negotiation of Commercial Leases, Federated Press, February 24, 2015.
- "Leasing in Mixed Use Centres, a Quebec Perspective," Canadian Shopping Centre Law Conference, ICSC, March 27, 2014.
- Past president and member of Council, St. Andrew's Society of Montreal
- Director, Montreal Highland Games Society
- Warden, Fabrique of the Annunciation of our Lady Parish