Gene G. Lewis
Head of Business Practice, United States
Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Gene G. LewisvCard
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Gene Lewis is a member of the US Management Committee.
Gene's practice focuses on corporate and securities law. Gene has extensive experience in merger and acquisition transactions and securities offerings, including representing purchasers and sellers of publicly-traded and privately-held companies; representing issuers, underwriters and selling shareholders in connection with the public offering and private placement of debt and equity securities; and advising boards of directors on fiduciary and other issues.
In addition, Gene has significant experience with master limited partnerships; private equity fund formation; the structuring of partnerships, joint ventures and other vehicles for joint investment; representing issuers, investors, borrowers and lenders in financing transactions; and representing individuals and businesses in general contractual, commercial and regulatory matters related to their particular businesses and investments.
JD, magna cum laude, Harvard Law School, 1983
BS, summa cum laude, chemical engineering, Texas A&M University, 1980
Gene is admitted to practice in Colorado and Texas.
- Colorado State Bar
- Texas State Bar
Recent representations include:
- Mattress Firm in its $780 million acquisition of Sleepy's and its $425 million acquisition of Sleep Train
- The owners of Thomas Russell Co. in its sale in two transactions to Honeywell subsidiary UOP for aggregate consideration of $765 million
- Ecolab Inc. in its $2.2 billion acquisition of Champion Technologies and Corsicana Technologies for cash and Ecolab stock
- Black Stone Minerals Company in its exchange and purchase offer in which it acquired $1.4 billion of interests in its various institutional funds and co-investment vehicles
- Ameriforge Group Inc., a portfolio company of Tanglewood Investments, in its sale to an affiliate of First Reserve Corporation
- Ulterra Drilling Technologies, a portfolio company of Intervale Capital, in its $325 million sale to ESCO Corporation
- A private equity backed manufacturing company in multiple acquisitions of manufacturing companies serving the onshore and offshore oil and gas industry
- Texas Top Rated Lawyers, LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell, 2013 - 2014
- Legal 500 US, recommended lawyer, M&A: Middle-Market ($500m-999m), The Legal 500, 2014 - 2018
- Acritas Star, Acritas, 2017 - 2019
- Texas Super Lawyer, Mergers & Acquistion, Thomson Reuters, 2016 - 2018
- IFLR1000 – United States, Euromoney Institutional Investor PLC, 2018
- Colorado Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
- Denver Bar Association