Winston Willard Walp II
Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Winston Willard Walp IIvCard
Winston W. Walp II practices in the Dallas office. He represents various real estate, health care, and corporate clients regarding real estate, financing, securities, health care and corporate and general business transactions.
Win has represented several large health care companies relating to acquisitions, dispositions, financings, leasing, development and general business matters. He has represented real estate developers, syndicators and managers in syndications, acquisitions, dispositions, financings, restructuring, leasing, development, and partnership and joint venture transactions.
Win has extensive financing experience, especially representing borrowers. Win has handled numerous $100,000,000 plus, multiple property financings for real estate and health care clients, including traditional institutional financing, tax exempt financing and securitization transactions.
Win has advised clients regarding securities matters including registered offerings, private placements, proxy contests, tender offers, '34 Act reporting, broker-dealer compliance and blue sky compliance. He also has represented clients regarding corporate mergers, acquisitions and dispositions as well as general corporate matters.
JD, cum laude, Boston University School of Law, 1975
BA, University of Pennsylvania, 1968
Win is admitted to practice law in Texas.
- Texas State Bar
Examples of Win's transactional experience:
- NYSE listed public senior housing company on:
- acquisitions and long-term financings totaling over $1 billion involving over 100 facilities in over 20 states
- sale/leaseback transactions together with numerous amendments, modifications and renewals involving more than 50 properties with various large health care REITs as landlord
- several joint ventures with large financial companies to develop or acquire facilities
- NYSE listed senior housing REIT on:
- acquisitions, dispositions and leasing of numerous senior housing facilities
- over $500 million of loans secured by senior housing communities
- Private owner/operator of senior housing properties on acquisitions, financings and dispositions
- Large private renal care company on acquisitions and leasing of numerous facilities
- Private nursing home owner/operator on acquisitions, long-term leases and joint ventures
- Large non-profit health care company on lease (and subsequent purchase) of large regional hospital
- Large non-profit health care company on ground lease/sale and leaseback of medical office building on hospital campus with health care REIT as landlord
- NYSE listed company on sale/leaseback of corporate headquarters and several other facilities
- NYSE listed public health care companies on acquisitions, leasing and syndications of hospitals and ambulatory surgery centers
- Retail developer on several 100,000+ square foot shopping center developments
- Several real estate companies in acquisition, disposition, financing and leasing of retail real estate
- Legal 500 US , recommended lawyer, Real Estate, The Legal 500, 2014 - 2016
- Chambers USA, Texas: Real Estate Law, Chambers & Partners, 2009 - 2011
- The Best Lawyers in America, Best Lawyers, 2007 - 2020
- Texas Top Rated Lawyer, LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell, 2013 - 2014
- American Bar Association
- Texas State Bar Association
- Dallas Bar Association
- Win served as an officer in the U.S. Navy from 1968 - 1972