Related services and key industries
Cindy Wu is a corporate lawyer based in the Beijing office of Norton Rose LLP.
Qualified in New York, Cindy focuses her practice on China-related corporate and commercial matters, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and cross-border counselling.
Cindy graduated from Beihang University of Law with an LL.B. in 2004, Case Western Reserve University with an LL.M in 2006 and Tulane University with a JD in 2014.
Cindy is a native Chinese speaker and fluent in English.
- Tulane University with a JD in 2014
- Case Western Reserve University with an LL.M in 2006
- Beihang University of Law with an LL.B. in 2004
- New York State Bar 2015
M&A and general corporate experience:
- Advised a leading European market research company on its assets & shares acquisition projects in 25 countries, including conducting legal due diligence, preparing due diligence report and preparing transaction documents in relation to the client's assets acquisitions in China
- Advised a leading American document management company on its acquisition of shares of a Chinese company
- Advised a well-known Australian real estate funds on its investment activities across nine Chinese cities, including M&A projects, lease agreement reviews and general corporate matters
- Advised a leading Singaporean industrial and logistics real estate company on the corporate matters of its six joint venture companies in China
- Advised a leading American real estate investment and development company on its development projects in Shenzhen City, China
- Represented an American education consultancy company on a joint educational project with the government of Nantong City, Jiangsu Province, China
- Advised a leading U.S. news publishing company on various legal issues arising from the daily management of the companies
- Advised clients on general corporate matters and draft and/or review various types of agreements, including but not limited to stock purchase agreements, equity transfer agreements, licensing agreements, employment agreements, lease agreements, etc.
- Involved in employer's business start-up and financing process, and assisted with execution of M&A projects, investment activities and other strategic transactions in China, including:
- Assisted employer with incorporation of two joint venture companies in China
- Advised employer on acquisition of a Chinese stove manufacturer and a Chinese biofuel producer
- Assisted employer with setting up a Beijing Representative Office
- Prepared, reviewed and maintained basic corporate documents, including but not limited to articles of association, bylaw, board resolutions, and board minutes
- Drafted, reviewed and maintained various types of agreements, including but not limited to employment agreements, lease agreements, sublease agreements, sale and purchase agreements, etc.
- Day-to-day legal advice on PRC government relations and regulatory issues, legal and regulatory development, etc.
- "New Restrictive Measures in China's Residential Real Estate Market", International Bar Association Real Estate Committee Newsletter of 2017, Co-author
- "Regulatory Developments on Foreign Investment in China Real Estate Market," American Bar Asociation 2016 Year in Review, December 2016, Co-author