Related services and key industries
Clément Monnet is an IP lawyer within the Technology and Innovation department in Paris
Clément Monnet focuses on all aspects of intellectual property law (trademarks, patents, copyrights, designs and models, Internet), both in consulting and litigation. He also deals with related matters such as unfair competition cases.
His practice covers criminal litigation procedures, both civil and criminal. He also handles cases before industrial property agencies (EUIPO, INPI) and the European courts. He also drafts contracts (licensing, assignment of intellectual property rights, Internet contracts, e-commerce) and participates in intellectual property rights audits.
In addition, Clément has developed a particular experience in sports law. He assists his clients from the sports industry in terms of image contract, partnership agreement, equipment supplier agreement, data protection, Ambush marketing, sport bets, lottery/gambling, Evin law, contractual litigation and trademark law.
He holds a Master's Degree (Maîtrise) in Private & Comparative Law from the University of Caen (2004), a Master's degree in Business Law from the University Panthéon-Assas (Paris II) (2005), a Specialized Degree (DEA) in Intellectual Property Law (2006), a Specialized Postgraduate Degree in International Business Law and Management from ESSEC Business school (2007) and a Specialised Degree in Sport Law from University Panthéon Sorbonne (Paris I) (2014)
He is admitted to the Paris Bar.
· University of Paris I - Panthéon Sorbonne, Master 2 Professional in Sports Law (2014)
· ESSEC Business School Paris, Specialized master in International Business Law and Management (2007)
· University of Paris II - Panthéon Assas, DEA in Intellectual and Industrial Property Law (2006)
· University of Paris II - Panthéon Assas, Maîtrise in Business Law (2005)
· University of Bristol, Erasmus Program with the University of Caen, Maîtrise in Private and Comparative Law (2004)
- Avocat au barreau de Paris 2008
- « First small steps to clean up the track record of athletics », quotes of Clément Monnet, The Times, November2015
- « E-sport: un cadre juridique qui reste à définir », L'officiel juridique du sport, July 2 2017
- « E-sport: Quels sont les enjeux en matière de propriété intellectuelle? », www.afjv.com, July 12 2017
- « Annonceurs: la mention « photo retouchée » obligatoire en France à compter du October 1 2017 », www.lemondemarketing.com
- « Distinction entre la clause pénale et la clause de dédit - Illustration dans un contrat d'équipementier sportif », Sport Stratégies, February 2019
· Member of French Association of Experts in Trademark and Design law (APRAM)