Norton Rose Fulbright South Africa Inc
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Mbali is a senior associate in the banking and finance team based in Johannesburg.
Mbali focuses on advising finance institutions including some of the large commercial banks and developmental finance institutions. Mbali's experience includes project finance, acquisition finance, development finance, and asset finance.
Mbali began her career at the firm in 2010 and was appointed an associate in 2012. In 2014 Mbali joined one of the country's leading development finance institutions as a Senior Legal Advisor. Between 2017 and 2018, Mbali pursued and obtained an MBA (Global Banking & Finance) on a full-time basis. She rejoined the firm in 2019.
- University of Birmingham, United Kingdom; MBA (Global Banking & Finance) (2018)
- University of Pretoria, South Africa; LLB (2009)
• Advised a consortium of lenders in connection with the serviced accommodation project to be undertaken by the City of Tshwane Metropolitan Municipality entailing the design, construction, financing, operation and maintenance of new headquarters for the COT which was tendered on a Public Private Partnership basis;
• Advised and represented FirstRand Bank Limited (acting through its Rand Merchant Bank division) in connection with a Facilities Agreement for the Jasper Solar Power Project relative to the financing of the construction and operation of the 75MW (DC) photovoltaic solar energy power plant in Groenwater, Northern Cape under Phase 2; and
• Advised Nedbank Limited (acting through its Nedbank Commercial Property Finance) to provide facilities to Respublica Proprietary Limited, a subsidiary of Bridgehead Real Estate Fund Proprietary Limited, for the purposes of developing and refurbishing various properties.