Technical Advisor (patents)
Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Dr. Ismail Hameduddin has a background in engineering, with specific competence in fluid/aero dynamics, control systems, rheology, and scientific simulation software. His practice involves advising all on patent-related matters including prosecution, patentability opinions, freedom-to-operate opinions, and infringement, especially on complex matters requiring a high level of technical knowledge.
Dr. Hameduddin obtained his Ph.D. from Johns Hopkins, where he was the recipient of the distinguished Jay D. Samstag Fellowship. His doctoral dissertation tackled fundamental aspects of turbulence in dilute polymer solutions, such as those used for drag reduction in pipelines and which may find future application in the maritime industry.
Dr. Hameduddin is a lead author on several peer-reviewed publications in eminent journals and conferences, in both fluid dynamics and control theory. His work has been widely recognized, including by the prestigious Journal of Fluid Mechanics in its monthly Focus on Fluids. He has served as peer referee for IEEE conferences, the Journal of Fluid Mechanics, the Journal of Non-Newtonian Fluid Mechanics, and Physical Review Fluids. Among others, he was a finalist for the Maudslay-Butler Fellowship Award at Pembroke College, University of Cambridge.
He is a strong proponent of widening access to STEM education, having served as mentor for middle school children in the city of Baltimore.
- Hameduddin, I., & Zaki, T. A. 2019 "The mean conformation tensor in viscoelastic turbulence," Journal of Fluid Mechanics, vol. 865, pp. 363–380.
- Hameduddin, I., Gayme, D. F., & Zaki, T. A. 2019 "Perturbative expansions of the conformation tensor in viscoelastic flows," Journal of Fluid Mechanics, vol. 858, pp. 377–406.
- Hameduddin, I., Meneveau, C., Zaki, T. A. & Gayme, D. F. 2018 "Geometric decomposition of the conformation tensor in viscoelastic turbulence," Journal of Fluid Mechanics, vol. 842, pp. 395–427.
- Hameduddin, I. & Bajodah, A. H. 2012 "Nonlinear generalised dynamic inversion for aircraft manoeuvring control," International Journal of Control, vol. 85, no. 4, pp. 437–450.
- Hameduddin, I. & Bajodah, A. H. 2012 "Generalized dynamic inversion control for aircraft constrained trajectory tracking applications," Proceedings of the American Control Conference, Montreal, QC, pp. 4599–4606.
- Hameduddin, I. & Bajodah, A. H. 2011 "Generalized dynamic inversion for multiaxial nonlinear flight control," Proceedings of the American Control Conference, San Francisco, CA, pp. 250–255.
- "The theoretical approach in viscoelastic turbulence," University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, February 21, 2018.
- "Tackling viscoelastic turbulence," CMET seminar series, University of Delware, Newark, Delware, January 9, 2018.
- "Scaling of energy amplification in the weak and strong elastic limits of viscoelastic shear flows," Joint Burgers–CEAFM–GWU Research Symposium on Environmental and Applied Fluid Dynamics, Baltimore, Maryland, May 20, 2016.
- American Physical Society
- Intellectual Property Institute of Canada