Geon Sik Kang
Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Geon Sik KangvCard
Related services and key industries
Geon Sik Kang is a banking and finance lawyer based in London. He focuses his practice on asset finance transactions in the aviation and shipping sectors.
Geon Sik has acted for financial institutions, leasing companies and operators on a broad range of cross-border transactions, including tax-driven financings, ECA-supported financings, operating and finance leases, sale-and-leaseback matters, portfolio trades and restructurings.
He holds a first class degree in law from the London School of Economics and has previously worked in Hong Kong and Singapore.
Law (First Class Honours), London School of Economics
- Solicitor, qualified in England & Wales 2018
- An Asian airline on operating leases for a number of Airbus and ATR aircraft with a variety of operating lessors.
- A European airline on a multi-currency JOLCO for one Boeing 787 aircraft.
- A major international aircraft operating lessor on numerous aircraft trading transactions.
- Major international banks on the debt restructuring of a leading subsea offshore services company.
- Major international banks on the pre- and post-delivery financing of a portfolio of shuttle tankers with multiple ECA support.
- A major US bank on the refinancing for an aircraft engine leasing company collateralised by a portfolio of 22 aircraft engines.
- A South American airline on JOLCOs for eight vintage Airbus A320 aircraft, involving leasing, subleasing and interchange arrangements across numerous South American jurisdictions.