Senior Associate (Admitted in South Africa not Australia)
Norton Rose Fulbright Australia
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
- Infrastructure, mining and commodities
- Life sciences and healthcare
- Technology and innovation
Charlie Watson is a corporate M&A lawyer based in Sydney.
Charlie has more than 7 years' local and cross-border transactional experience advising a wide array of listed and unlisted domestic and multinational clients across industry sectors on all aspects of M&A transactions, with a specific focus on private M&A.
He has deep experience in all facets of domestic and cross-border M&A transactional work, having represented the likes of Daily Mail Group, Nokia, Amazon and CBRE Ltd in multi-jurisdictional acquisitions and disposals in Africa.
He also has experience in global corporate restructurings, post-acquisition integrations, legal project management and general corporate and commercial advice. Charlie's industry knowledge includes healthcare, technology, media & telecom, mining & commodities, food & agriculture, industrial and commercial real estate and industrials, manufacturing & transportation.
- Attorney, qualified in South Africa 2011
- CBRE Ltd. - on its joint venture with Excellerate Property Services, for the combination of their operations in Africa and the Middle East (c. 25 jurisdictions) (2019)
- Nokia Corporation - on the post-acquisition integration between Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent's operations in Sub-Saharan Africa, including South Africa and c. 20 other countries (2019)
- Amazon - on the consolidation of its South Africa business (2019)
- Hanwa Corporation - on its acquisition of a minority equity stake in a confidential target in the mining sector for c. USD $240m (2018)
- Old Mutual Life Assurance Company - on its acquisition of a USD $40m renewable energy project in Namibia (2017)