Partner, Chief Compliance Officer
Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Sarah Lucey is Chief Compliance Officer, responsible for the firm's Risk & Compliance function across Europe, Middle East and Asia. Reporting to Sarah are the Heads of Norton Rose Fulbright LLP's Anti-Money Laundering, Compliance Systems and Risk & Compliance teams.
Sarah is an expert in risk management, professional conduct, regulatory compliance and governance. Sarah has twelve years' experience advising large international and US firms and clients (including pro bono clients) in relation to law firm risk management and financial crime. Sarah is a regular speaker at various risk management and compliance conferences. Sarah joined Norton Rose Fulbright in 2020.
In her role as Chief Compliance Officer at Norton Rose Fulbright, Sarah and her team advise the practice and management board about a range of risk and compliance matters across Europe, Middle East and Asia including:
- The design and implementation of a risk management strategy, compliance systems and controls, and stakeholder engagement;
- Risk management policies and procedures;
- Monitoring and reporting on risk issues;
- Regulation and legal risks, including in relation to legal technology; and
- Professional conduct, business human rights and financial crime risks
Sarah works closely with the Heads of risk and compliance form our other regions.
Sarah is a member of the International Bar Association Regulation of Lawyers' Compliance Committee.