Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Related services and key industries
Solène Sfoggia is a dispute resolution and business ethics lawyer based in Paris.
Solène advises French and international companies operating in a broad range of sectors, as well as public entities on their compliance, ethics, anticorruption and human rights issues.
She focuses on global risk prevention, compliance programs and internal investigations (governance, risk mapping, policies design and review, due diligences, training sessions, compliance agreements, day-to-day assistance to compliance officers).
In 2018-2019, Solène was seconded to the legal and compliance department of a major telecom and media company to design and implement an anti-corruption program, assisting in a control of the French Anti-Corruption Agency (AFA) as well as training the compliance team.
Solène graduated from the Sorbonne University of Paris, Sciences-Po Paris and Columbia University (Paris and New York) with a post graduate degree in Global Business Law and Governance. She was admitted to the Paris Bar and is also a Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE).
Before joining the firm, Solène worked for Be-Linked Business and Community Intelligence, a consulting firm focused on corporate and social responsibility (2015) and for a major law firm, where she practiced as a lawyer in compliance, criminal law and commercial dispute resolution (2016-2020).
She gives lectures on criminal law at Paris 13 University and Paris 2 Assas University.
Solène is fluent in French, German and English.
Post graduate degree in Global Business Law and Governance from the Sorbonne University of Paris, Sciences-Po Paris and Columbia University (Paris and New York).
Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE).
- Avocat au barreau de Paris 2016
- Companies in various sectors in the context of preparation and controls conducted by the French Anti-Corruption Agency (AFA)
- Companies in various sectors in the context of internal investigations
- A major retail group on designing and implementing its Sapin 2 Law compliance program
- An international furniture and home furnishing group on designing and implementing its vigilance plan (human rights)
- A major energy company on compliance due diligences in the context of M&A
- A major telecom group on designing and implementing its Sapin 2 Law compliance program and vigilance plan
- A media group on designing and implementing its Sapin 2 Law compliance program
- A major digital transformation company on its global risk mapping (employment law, white-collar crime, financial compliance…)
- A major public entity on implementing a global ethics and anti-corruption program
- A transportation group on negotiating a key compliance agreement in the context of international joint-ventures
- An entertainment and hotel company on designing and implementing its whistleblowing system on a worldwide basis
- A major manufacturing company on designing and implementing its conflict of interests policy
- A tourism company in the context of an internal investigation on suspicions of corruption and fraud practice
- Several companies on compliance and white collar crime (legal opinion, review, analysis...)
- Several companies on training sessions on compliance for executives and staff
- A number of companies on their day-to-day issues with anti-corruption, human rights and business ethics
- Co-author "Sanction disciplinaire et connaissance par le salarié des règles éthiques internes", Revue Internationale de la Compliance et de l'Ethique des Affaires, August 2021
- Co-author of a briefing "Further step towards a mandatory human rights due diligence law in the EU", March 2021
- Co-author of a briefing "The EU adopts its first sanctions under its new global human rights sanctions regime", March 2021
- Co-author, "Evaluation of corporate compliance programs : new guidance from the DOJ", Revue Internationale de la Compliance et de l'Ethique des Affaires, August 2020
- Co-author, "Quel rôle pour l'avocat face aux nouveaux dispositifs d'alerte professionnelle ?", Dalloz Avocats, 2019
- Co-author, "Les entreprises face aux premiers contentieux de la loi sur le devoir de vigilance", Revue des juristes de Sciences-Po, January 2019
- Co-author, "Prévention des risques, justice et nouvelles technologies: comment se préparer au droit pénal des affaires 3.0?", Revue Lamy Droit des Affaires, April 2018
- Co-author, "Les collaborateurs au cœur des nouvelles démarches de compliance des entreprises", Actuel RH, February 2018
- Co-author, "Entre fantasmes et réalité : le rôle de l'avocat en matière de mise en conformité des entreprises avec la loi sur le devoir de vigilance", Dalloz Avocats, March 2017
- Co-author, "Lanceurs d'alerte et entreprises : les enjeux de la loi Sapin II", Dalloz, February 2017
- Speaker, Conference on the future European duty of due diligence, Entreprises pour les droits de l'Homme et Cercle d'Ethique des Affaires, 26 May 2021
- Co-Speaker, Recent developments in business and human rights, 15 February 2021
- Co-speaker, Webinar on Corporate Due Diligence and Civil Liability, Nova School of Law with the support of the Portuguese Presidency of the Council of the European Union, 28 January 2021
- Forum, Human Rights Due Diligence in Contracts, British Institute of International and Comparative Law, 27 January 2021
- Co-speaker, China's corporate social credit system, Entreprises pour les droits de l'homme,14 December 2020
- Co-speaker, Duty of vigilance and human rights abuses in the context of covid-19, 17 June 2020
- Speaker, conference on compliance officers' duties and responsibility, Cercle de la compliance, Paris, 3 July 2019
- Speaker, conference on climate change cases and business ethics, Sciences-Po, Paris, 25 October 2019
Blog | July 24, 2023
Publication | March 09, 2022
Publication | March 29, 2021