Norton Rose Fulbright (Middle East) LLP
Related services and key industries
- Financial services and regulation
- Securities litigation, regulation and enforcement
- Regulation and investigations
- Funds and asset management
- Government relations and public policy
- Investment funds
Hasanali Pirbhai is a financial services and regulations lawyer based in Dubai.
Hasanali specialises in advisory and contentious financial services regulation. He regularly advises clients operating in the fintech and virtual asset space on all aspects of financial services regulation including on custody, product regulation and regulatory licensing. He has extensive experience assisting clients in complex regulatory investigations and enforcement actions in both the Dubai International Financial Centre and the Abu Dhabi Global Market.
- Legal Practice Course, University of Law, 2020
- Called to the Bar: 2018 (Gray's Inn)
- Bar Professional Training Course, City University London, 2018
- University of Edinburgh - Masters of Law in Commercial Law and Chinese, 2016
- University of Kent - Bachelor of Laws (with a year abroad in Hong Kong S.A.R, 2014
- Solicitor qualified in England & Wales 2022
- Barrister qualified in Mauritius 2019
- OKX – assisting on obtaining a licence from Dubai's Virtual Asset Regulatory Authority.
- Bybit – assisting on obtaining a license from Dubai's Virtual Asset Regulatory Authority.
- Various funds – advising on the financial promotions regime in the UAE including DIFC and ADGM.
- UAE broker/dealer – on the SCA retail client regime and re-drafting customer documentation.
- Major energy company – on the regulation of voluntary carbon credits in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- Confidential exchange – on setting up a voluntary carbon credits exchange in the ADGM.
- A broker/dealer – on an FSRA investigation into alleged contraventions of ADGM and UAE Federal AML regulations.
- A significant player in the FinTech sector - on an FSRA investigation into alleged contraventions of ADGM and UAE Federal AML regulations.
- Various money services clients – on the UAE anti-money laundering regulations and on dealing with specific money-laundering events.
- Various clients – defending on regulatory investigations and enforcement actions in both the DIFC and ADGM.
Podcast | October 25, 2023
Podcast | October 17, 2023
Publication | October 11, 2023