David B. Schwartz
Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
David B. SchwartzvCard
Related services and key industries
David represents clients in various industries in complex commercial litigations in state and federal courts and domestic and international arbitration proceedings. He also advises clients on data privacy, information security, and cybersecurity issues.
Prior to attending law school, David worked as a regulatory medical writer at a pharmaceutical company.
JD, New York University School of Law, 2010
BA, History and Physics, Grinnell College, 2006
While in law school, David was a member of the Moot Court Board and a student advocate at the Unemployment Action Center.
David is admitted to practice in the state of New York, the Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, and the United States District Court for the Southern, Eastern, and Western Districts of New York.
- New York State Bar
- Second-chaired two AAA arbitrations for a regional airline in disputes over a capacity purchase agreement
- Ongoing representation of the court-appointed receiver of an alleged Madoff "feeder fund" in state, federal district, bankruptcy, and appellate court litigation
- Drafted all substantive briefs and managed foreign law experts for foreign corporations enforcing a $50 million foreign arbitral award against alter egos of the award debtor in federal court
- Developed pre-litigation strategy and drafted all pleadings and briefs for a minority investor of a high frequency trading firm in derivative action
- Served on a trial team for LCIA arbitration representing a provider of financial transaction digital authentication with claims against a competitor for breach of contract and misappropriation of trade secrets
- Managed accelerated discovery for a major telecommunications company in its purchase of a regional sports network out of bankruptcy
- Represented multiple defendants in a federal court action brought by the Federal Trade Commission
- Represented a pharmaceutical company in an investor dispute regarding the validity of notes and warrants
- Negotiated settlements of fraudulent transfer and preference claims on behalf of an interior design firm
- Managed discovery in trademark, unfair competition and false advertising disputes in federal court
- Drafted a major telecommunications company’s objection to the proposed "free and clear" sale of bankrupt debtors’ patents that resulted in changing the terms of a multibillion dollar sale
- Represented a financial services firm against claims arising from employee misconduct
- Pro bono representation of a transgender youth in a civil rights action against the South Carolina DMV
Data privacy / Information Governance
- Managed data due diligence for a payments technology company's acquisition of a data analytics company
- Managed compliance and certification process for US-EU and US-Swiss Safe Harbor program for Fortune 500 pharmaceutical and payments technology companies
- Advised clients on global privacy and cybersecurity compliance strategy
- Drafted international records retention and preservation policies for Fortune 100 companies
- New York Metro Rising Star, Business Litigation, Thomson Reuters, 2016 - 2019