Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Jessica Rodriguez joined Norton Rose Fulbright's Houston office in 2015. Jessica regularly assists domestic and international clients in energy M&A and regulatory matters covering every sector of the energy industry, including matters relating to LNG export projects, pipeline systems, and oil and gas properties.
JD, with honors, The University of Texas School of Law, 2015
BA, summa cum laude, Spanish, Trinity University, 2012
While in law school, Jessica was a member of the Chicano/Hispanic Law Student Association and was a member of the Review of Litigation.While at Trinity University, Jessica was elected to Phi Beta Kappa.
- Texas State Bar
- Representation of a domestic liquefied natural gas project developer in the permitting and regulatory approval process before the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission and the U.S. Department of Energy, Office of Fossil Energy.
- Representation of a foreign investor in regulatory and commercial due diligence with respect to a potential investment in a domestic liquefied natural gas project.
- Representation of an international investor in connection with regulatory and commercial due diligence and its participation in a joint venture among a consortium of investors for the financing and development of a U.S. Gulf Coast LNG export facility.
- Representation of a global trading company in connection with capacity arrangements for acquisition of U.S. LNG export capacity and associated LNG sale and purchase agreements with multiple global LNG suppliers.
- Representation of a global trading company in connection with LNG sale and purchase arrangements relating to a proposed LNG export terminal.
- Representation of a global trading company in connection with equity investment in a South American LNG export project, including joint venture agreement, commodity supply and offtake agreements and associated project financing.
- Representation of an oil and natural gas exploration and production company in the drafting of form master services agreements and the negotiation thereof with multiple counterparties.
- Representation of a private equity-backed developer in connection with corporate structuring, gas purchase and sale contracts, transportation agreements and various other project development matters in connection with the development of multiple intrastate and cross-border natural gas pipelines.
- Representation of an oil and natural gas exploration and production company in connection with the acquisition and divestiture of oil and gas and gathering assets in California, Kansas, and Oklahoma.
- Legal 500 US rising star, Energy: transactions: oil and gas, Legal 500, 2019
- Legal 500 US recommended lawyer, Energy: transactions: oil and gas, Legal 500, 2019
- Author, "Enforcement of Annulled Arbitral Awards in the United States: Is a Return to Chromalloy Warranted,?" The Review of Litigation, Spring 2015, Vol. 34, No. 2
- State Bar of Texas
- Houston Bar Association
- LegalLine Committee Co-Chair
- Hispanic Bar Association