Related services and key industries
Katie joined Norton Rose Fulbright's Washington, D.C. office in 2016 where she is an associate in the Arbitration group. Her practice has focused on international arbitration and civil litigation in both state and federal courts. She has represented corporate clients from a diverse range of industries including aerospace, technology, energy and finance. She has experience in multiple stages of litigation including drafting pleadings and dispositive motions, managing large-scale discovery, and preparing for and participating in depositions, mediation, trial and merits hearings.
Katie is admitted to practice in California and the District of Columbia, as well as the Southern, Northern, Central and Eastern districts of California and the District Court for the District of Columbia.
JD, cum laude, Georgetown University Law Center, 2016
BA, University of California, Berkeley, 2012
At Georgetown University Law Center, Katie was awarded special recognition for her pro bono work. She was also a Senior Executive Editor of the Georgetown Immigration Law Journal, a legal research and writing fellow, and served as student counsel in the Georgetown Appellate Litigation Clinic.
- California State Bar
- District of Columbia Bar
- Representation of energy and chemical company in state RICO dispute; Louisiana
- Representation of defense contractor in transnational litigation with US-based supplier; U.S. District Court for the District of California
- Representation of construction company in U.S. recognition and enforcement proceedings; U.S. District Court of the Eastern District of Virginia
- Representation of foreign sovereign in multi-jurisdictional recognition and enforcement proceedings; U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- Representation of claimant in enforcement-related litigation; Virginia
- International Arbitration
- Representation of armored vehicle company in commercial dispute with US-based supplier; ICC proceedings
- Representation of Swiss claimant regarding the construction of a desalination plant; UNCITRAL proceedings
- Representation of international oil company in an ongoing NAFTA arbitration; ICSID proceedings
- Representation of international conglomerate in commercial dispute in the financing sector; LCIA proceedings
- Co-author, "Enforcement regimes under New York and Washington Conventions - a tale of two cities," International Law Office, June 7, 2018
- Co-author, "Third Circuit finds non-debtor cannot assert DUFTA claim," International Law Office, April 10, 2018
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- California Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- "Young ITA" - Institute for Transnational Arbitration