Mohammed Al-Ghamdi Law Firm - In Association with Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP*
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Nezar's practice focuses on advising lenders and borrowers, primarily in the Saudi market, in relation to various forms of financing.
LL.M, University of Bristol, 2009
LL.B, University of Bristol, 2007
- New York State Bar
Nezar Alabbas's experience includes:
- Acting for BNP Paribas and Arabian Petroleum Investment Corporation (APICORP) in relation to a USD 133,200,000 murabaha financing of the acquisition by National Chemical Carriers of five second hand MR product tankers.
- Acting as counsel to a syndicate of international and Saudi banks for the SR 7,234,590,000 (approximately USD 1.9 billion) multi-tranche Shariah compliant (Procurement and Wakala structures) and conventional project refinancing of the Rabigh power plant in the Eastern province with Saudi Electricity Company as offtaker.
- Acting for Standard Chartered Bank as agent for a syndicate of financiers including Standard Chartered Bank, National Bank of Abu Dhabi, Bank Al Bilad and Arab National Bank in relation to the USD 350 million murabaha financing of 5 new build VLCCs for The National Shipping Company of Saudi Arabia (Bahri).
- Acting as counsel to Bank of Tokyo Mitsubishi UFJ in relation to a USD 126 million Shariah compliant murabaha refinancing of the acquisition of two Very Large Crude Carriers by The National Shipping Company of Saudi Arabia (Bahri).
- Acting for a leading Saudi bank in relation to an SR 300 million (approximately USD 80 million) trade and project finance facility to a Saudi manufacturing joint venture entity.
- Acting for a leading Saudi bank in relation to an SR 3.5 billion (approximately USD 933 million) murabaha facility to a leading Saudi aviation services company.
- Acting for The Saudi British Bank on a SR 330 million (approximately USD 88 million) restructuring of a murabaha financing provided to a real estate investment company in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- Acting for a Saudi borrower in relation to a USD 100 million facility provided by a Qatari bank.
- Acting for a leading Saudi bank in relation to the restructuring of up to SR 500 million (approximately USD 133 million) in liabilities owed by a Saudi borrower.
- Advising the Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (Asia) Limited on the Saudi law aspects of a USD 22,822,500 buyer credit facility to Nesma Holding Company in relation to up to three ship to shore container cranes.
- Advising J.P. Morgan (Suisse) on the provision of lending and other banking services into the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- Advising a leading regional bank based in the Kingdom of Bahrain on the enforcement of finance documents and related security in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- Acting for The National Commercial Bank and Arab National Bank in relation to SR 2,999,001,906 (approximately USD 800 million) multiple trade finance facilities for Al Arrab Contracting Company to assist in financing its obligations in connection with the construction of the Ras Az Zawr Power and Desalination Plant Package "P" Power Plant.