Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Related services and key industries
Ross Shepard’s practice focuses on a broad range of domestic and international business transactions and corporate matters, including mergers and acquisitions, public offerings and private placements of securities, securities regulation and compliance, corporate governance, and matters relating to private equity.
JD, New York University School of Law, 2014
BA, University of Pennsylvania, 2010
- New York State Bar
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Represented World Fuel Services Corporation in its acquisitions of PAPCO Inc. and Associated Petroleum Products, Inc.
- Represented Tenaska Capital Management
- in its sales of:
- a 1,293 MW portfolio of three gas-fired electric power generation facilities in California, Virginia and West Virginia; and
- a 5,000 MW portfolio of seven gas-fired electric power generation facilities in New York, Illinois, Ohio and Michigan;
- and in its acquisition of:
- a 250 MW combined cycle gas turbine power generation facility in Massachusetts.
- in its sales of:
- Represented Rockwell Automation, Inc. in its acquisition of Maverick Technologies, a leading systems integrator.
- Represented Ormat Technologies, Inc. in its acquisitions of:
- substantially all the business and assets of Viridity Energy, Inc., a demand response, energy management and energy storage services provider; and
- NYSE American-listed U.S. Geothermal Inc.
- Represented The Carlyle Group / Cogentrix in its sales of:
- a utility-scale high-concentration photovoltaic solar power generation facility in Colorado; and
- a portfolio of five hydroelectric power generation facilities in Massachusetts.
- Represented DRS Technologies, Inc. in its acquisition of Daylight Solutions, Inc., a leading developer and supplier of quantum cascade laser based products and technology.
- Represented Silicon Ranch Corporation in its acquisition of a portfolio of solar projects from certain affiliates of SunEdison, Inc.
- Represented Gainesville Renewable Energy Center, LLC in the sale of substantially all of its assets, including the approximately 102.5 MW biomass electricity generating facility located in the City of Gainesville, Florida.
- Represented I Squared Capital in its acquisition of IC Power Ltd.'s Latin American and Caribbean electric power generation and distribution businesses.
- Represented Rockwell Collins, Inc. in its sale of certain aircraft telecommunication assets.
- Represented Ullico Inc.
- in its acquisition of a portfolio of four solar projects located in the Province of Ontario in Canada; and
- in connection with an investment in Tidewater, a multi-commodity transportation and terminal company.
- Represented Demica in connection with two equity raises.
- Represented Origis Energy in connection with an equity investment in Origis USA LLC by Global Atlantic Financial Group and the sale of a development pipeline of 12 utility-scale solar projects in the United States to Global Atlantic Financial Group.
- Represented Enel Green Power in its sale of 80 percent of the share capital of a newly formed Mexican holding company that indirectly owns a portfolio comprising eight renewable energy projects.
- Represented Orsted Renewables N.A. LLC in its acquisition of Lincoln Clean Energy, LLC.
- Represented SolarCity Corporation and Tesla Energy in several securitizations of cash flows from distributed solar generation systems and SolarCity Corporation in multiple securitizations of distributed solar loan assets.
- Represented Fortune Brands Home & Security, Inc. in its US$900 million registered public debt offering comprised of US$400 million of notes due 2020 and US$500 million notes due 2025.
- Represented Meritor, Inc. in its US$225 million registered public debt offering of notes due 2024.
- Represented Rockwell Automation, Inc. in its US$600 million registered public debt offering comprised of US$300 million of notes due 2020 and US$300 million of notes due 2025.
- Advise Ormat Technologies, Inc. on US securities laws, corporate governance and compliance matters.
- Advise Rockwell Automation, Inc. on US securities laws, corporate governance and compliance matters.
- Advise Meritor, Inc. on US securities laws, corporate governance and compliance matters.
- "SEC Proposes Long-Awaited Pay for Performance Disclosure Rules," Legal Update, May 4, 2015