Frank S. Vellucci
Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Frank S. VelluccivCard
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Frank Vellucci has extensive experience with corporate partnering transactions in the life sciences field. He regularly assists life sciences companies with R&D licenses, venture capital financing, joint ventures, asset and stock acquisitions, commercialization collaborations, technology transfer arrangements and strategic alliances. Mr. Vellucci also has experience in a broad range of securities law matters, including public debt and equity offerings, private placements of common stock, preferred stock, debt, convertible debt and private investment in public equities (PIPE) financing. In addition, Mr. Vellucci is involved in a variety of general corporate matters, including corporate governance, disclosure and compliance obligations under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, and working with high net worth individuals and family offices.
JD, New York University School of Law, 1997
BA, Economics and History, Binghamton University, 1994
- New Jersey State Bar
- New York State Bar
- Represented a private pharmaceutical company on an alliance for a joint product launch.
- Represented a private pharmaceutical company on a research and licensing agreement with a public company for the purpose of discovering and developing a cure for psoriasis and other diseases.
- Represented a private pharmaceutical company on a joint research collaboration with a start-up company to advance the research of non-opioid, non-NSAID compounds for the treatment of chronic pain.
- Represented a pharmaceutical company in its all-cash tender offer for a biopharmaceutical company that discovers and develops products for the treatment of neurological and psychiatric disorders.
- Represented a Japanese pharmaceutical company in one of the largest pharmaceutical licensing transactions in Japan in which our client granted an exclusive license for the sale and distribution rights of a product in development for the treatment of nonmalignant chronic, moderate to severe pain.
- Represented a pharmaceutical company in connection with its acquisition of the over-the-counter (OTC) trademarked product portfolio of a public company.
- Represented the largest shareholder of a publicly owned technology company in multiple PIPE financings.
- Represented one of the investors in the start-up financing of a biotechnology company that was developing products to diagnose and treat dry and wet Age-related Macular Degeneration (AMD).
- Represented a pharmaceutical company in connection with an exclusive license, commercialization and supply agreements with a public Canadian company for the development and marketing of a once daily analgesic product in the United States.
- Represented an international pharmaceutical company in connection with an exclusive license to develop and commercialize a public company's lead compound in Europe and Asia for use in oncology.
- Represented a pharmaceutical company in the asset acquisition of a currently marketed branded product.
- "When acquiring pharma in Russia … look before you leap," Scrip
- Co-author, "Pharma Tackles the Social Network," Law.com
- "Establishing Governance Structures for Successful Alliance Management," American Conference Institute's 13th Advanced Forum on: Structuring, Negotiating and Managing Pharma/Biotech Collaborative Agreements, New York, NY
- Panelist, "Alliance Management: Establishing Governance Structures for Successful Collaborations," Advanced Forum on Structuring, Negotiating and Managing Pharma/Biotech Collaborative Agreements, New York, NY
- Advisory Council, Binghamton University’s School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences’
- Board of Directors, Legal Aid Society, 2015 - 2017
- Adjunct professor, “Current Issues in Legal Practice” - Venture capital financing, Binghamton University
- Advisory Board member, Youth About Business (YAB)
- Vice Chair, Binghamton University’s Law Council