Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Related services and key industries
Jay Henneberry has represented clients in complex products liability and commercial litigation for over 30 years. His practice has encompassed a variety of litigation matters in state and federal courts and administrative tribunals, including products liability defense, contract and partnership disputes and life settlement, energy and government contract matters.
Mr. Henneberry has represented pharmaceutical companies in the defense of hundreds of actions filed throughout the country and a tobacco company in over 90 cases, and has represented companies in a wide variety of commercial disputes, including life settlement and energy-related matters and multimillion dollar actions brought by and against the government.
JD, Staff Editor, Journal of International Law and Politics, New York University School of Law, 1982
BA, cum laude, Tufts University, 1978
- California State Bar
- New York State Bar
- Successfully represented Purdue Pharma in lawsuits filed throughout the country claiming personal injury and death caused by the prescription medication OxyContin®, resulting in dozens of dismissals.
- Served as national counsel for an international tobacco company in tobacco-related product liability actions filed throughout the United States, again obtaining dozens of dismissals.
- Defended a major energy company in an action seeking over $750 million in damages stemming from alleged business torts, obtaining a better than cost-of-defense settlement.
- In a case that received widespread media attention, successfully defended Syncronys Softcorp in numerous class action suits filed simultaneously in multiple forums relating to allegedly defective software.
- In action also widely covered by the press, successfully represented an independent power producer during the California energy crisis, obtaining the only injunction during that crisis allowing an IPP to sell into the highly profitable open market.
- Successfully defended a foreign export-import bank in a third-party collection action seeking billions in damages, obtaining a complete dismissal.
- Represented numerous clients, including major defense contractors, in connection with suits filed by and against the federal government, including claims for changes, delay and disruption, fraud, defective pricing and breach of contract, and provided advice to both lenders and contractors with regard to government-contract matters.
- Represented numerous Fortune 500 companies in contract, partnership and other commercial disputes in state and federal courts throughout the United States.
- Currently representing a number of clients seeking to bar challenges to the payment of life settlement contracts.
- "The Practical Issues Impacting ‘Whistleblower’ and ‘Up-the-Ladder’ Reporting Under Sarbanes-Oxley," Institute for Corporate Counsel, Los Angeles, CA, December 4-5, 2006
- Director and Secretary, Hollywood HEART, a not-for-profit organization which provides recreational and educational opportunities for at-risk youth.
- Director, AbilityFirst, a not-for-profit organization formerly known as the Crippled Children's Society of Southern California
- Product liability and commercial litigation, Seconded to American Brands, Inc., 1984-1986