Javier Fernando Félix Muñoz
Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Javier Fernando Félix MuñozvCard
Related services and key industries
Javier Félix advises and assists infrastructure and energy clients to secure project financing. He also provides legal advice and assistance to both lenders and sponsors in the development and financing of infrastructure projects, including social infrastructure, oil and gas, and power generating projects, among others. Javier also assists clients participating in government procurement processes, including regulatory compliance matters and all stages of public bids for the award of contracts. Javier also has experience working with issuers and underwriters on international securities offerings.
LL.M, Harvard Law School, 2018
LL.B, summa cum laude, Law, Universidad Iberoamericana Laguna, 2008
- New York State Bar
Health and Social infrastructure
- Assisted Prodemex in the financing, construction, operation and maintenance of a regional hospital in Toluca, Estado de Mexico, Mexico.
- Represented a Mexican construction company participating in a public bid for the financing of a PPP contract for the development, operation and maintenance of a regional hospital in the State of Sinaloa.
- Represented Prodemex in a project finance negotiation for the development, operation and maintenance of two federal prisons with an estimated value of over US$700 million.
Oil and gas
- Represented a global gas transportation company in regards to its participation in a public bid tendered by Pemex ("Los Ramones II") and the negotiation of an EPC agreement for the construction, operation and maintenance of a gas pipeline with a value of US$1.5 billion.
- Advised a major gas distribution company in Latin America with respect to regulatory and law compliance matters regarding its participation in the gas distribution business in Mexico.
- Represented the senior lenders in the US$235 million financing of the 150 MW Solem 1 and 140 MW Solem 2 solar PV projects, located in Aguascalientes, Mexico.
- Represented Enel Green Power S.p.A. on the US$1.35 billion sale of 80 percent of the share capital of a Mexican holding company that indirectly owns a portfolio of eight renewable energy projects with a total generating capacity of 1.7 GW.
- Represented Neoen in the financing of the 300 MW El Llano solar project located in Aguascalientes, Mexico.
- Represented a Mexican construction consortium in the negotiation of an engineering, procurement and construction agreement and other ancillary agreements with a major power production company in the United States for the development of a 152 MW wind farm in northern Mexico.
- Represented PowerChina in the development of the Chicoasén II 240 MW hydroelectric generating facility for the Mexican state-owned utility CFE.
- Assisted Mitsui and Tokyo Gas in the acquisition of a portfolio comprising five power plants and a gas pipeline in Mexico for over US$1.2 billion.
- Represented the lenders in the financing of the 400 MW Norte II project located in Chihuahua, Mexico. (
- Represented IGSA n the negotiation of several PPAs for two cogeneration facilities for an aggregate capacity of 80 MW.
- Represented the AES Corporation in its participation in three public bids for IPP projects in Mexico, Noreste, Topolobampo II and Topolobampo III, representing an aggregate capacity of more than 2,400 MW.
- Assisted in the acquisition of five power generating plants and a gas pipeline located in Mexico by foreign companies for over US$1.2 billion.
- Advised a major global company that participated in the 28 CCC Norte II public bid for the construction and operation of a power generating plant for a total value exceeding US$400 million.
- Represented Goldman Sachs and J.P. Morgan as initial purchasers of Lima Metro Line 2 Finance II Limited's US$563,1750,000 Senior Secured Notes due 2036 issued pursuant to Rule 144A/Regulation S.
- Represented a Mexican construction consortium participating in a public bid for the award of a major freeway and street construction project in Ciudad Juarez, Chihuahua, Mexico, for a total value of over US$500 million.
- Assisted Prodemex in the construction, operation and maintenance of a major road in Toluca, Estado de Mexico, Mexico.
- Advised the Mexican Ministry of Transport (SCT) in the assessment and design of the legal feasibility of the Punta Colonet seaport project.
- Represented a multinational consortium that participated in a public bid for the award of the "El Zapotillo" water project valued at over US$1 billion.
- Graduated top of the class, Universidad Iberoamericana, 2008
- Co-author, "Uncertainty in Mexico as new president takes office," Project Finance NewsWire, December 2018
- Co-author, "Electricity Projects and Regulation - Mexico," Latin Lawyer, July 2017
- Co-author, "Electricity Projects and Regulation - Mexico," Latin Lawyer, July 2016
- Co-author, "Mexico Gears Up for Second Power Auction," Project Finance NewsWire, June 2016
- Co-author, "A New Geothermal Framework For Mexico," Project Finance NewsWire, May 2015
- "Mexico Opens Oil and Gas to Private Sector Participation (Special Update)," September 2, 2014
- "Un Nuevo Mercado Eléctrico en México (Actualización Especial)," September 2, 2014
- "A New Power Market in Mexico (Special Update)," September 2, 2014
- "México Abre la Industria de los Hidrocarburos a la Participación del Sector Privado (Actualización Especial)," September 2, 2014
- Moderator, "Renewable Energy Projects: Commercial Considerations," Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico, January 19, 2017
- "The New Energy Market in Mexico: Opportunities and Challenges," September 17, 2014
- "Mexico Incentives for Trade/Energy Development: Investment and Opportunities," Pasadena, California, October, 23, 2013