Sean Michael Garahan
Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Sean Michael GarahanvCard
Related services and key industries
Sean Garahan is a senior associate in Norton Rose Fulbright's New York office. Sean focuses his practice in both public and privately held clients in all aspects of commercial real estate transactions including financings and restructurings; acquisitions and dispositions of equity and debt interests in real property; leasing; development and joint ventures. Sean has significant experience representing both lenders and borrowers in multiple types of financings including permanent, construction and mezzanine. Sean represents clients in connection with real estate transactions involving a wide range of asset classes including hospitality, industrial, multifamily, office and retail.
JD, New York Law School, 2011
MA, International Relations, St. John's University, 2006
BA, Political Science, Boston College, 2002
- New York State Bar
- Represented the purchaser in a Represent the borrower in a US$1. 7 billion construction loan including EB-5 financing with respect to a mixed-use development property in New York City.
- Represented the borrower in a US$600 million mortgage and mezzanine financing relating to a four property portfolio in New York City.
- Represent the purchaser in a US$106 million acquisition and financing of a New York City hotel.
- Represented the institutional lender in a US$167 million mortgage loan origination for a single-tenant commerical property in Washington, DC.
- Represented the institutional lender in a US$100 million mortgage loan origination relating to a hotel in New York City.
- Represented the borrower in a US$400 million mortgage and mezzanine CMBS financing relating to a commercial property in Chicago, IL.
- Represented the borrower in a US$870 million acquisition and financing with respect to a development site in New York City.
- New York Rising Stars, Super Lawyers, Thomson Reuters, 2017 - 2018