Thomas William Rinaldi
Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Related services and key industries
Thomas Rinaldi focuses his practice on complex commercial litigation and white collar defense, including related internal and regulatory investigations. His experience includes representing foreign and domestic clients in federal and state litigations involving various business disputes, as well as representing clients under investigation by the Department of Justice, New York State Department of Financial Services, and Senate Finance Committee.
Previously, Thomas served as a prosecutor in the Manhattan District Attorney's Office for three years, where he was responsible for the prosecution of hundreds of criminal cases, including trying numerous jury trials to verdict. He has extensive experience with grand juries, as well as conducting investigations, utilizing search warrants, arguing motions, and litigating various evidentiary and pre-trial matters.
JD, New York University School of Law, 2014
BA, magna cum laude, Binghamton University, 2011
During law school, Thomas was on the Moot Court Board and completed an externship for the United States Attorney's Office, Eastern District of New York.
Thomas is admitted to practice in New York and the Southern District of New York (SDNY).
- New York State Bar
- Represented a leading Latin American oil and gas company in defense of an action alleging fraudulent transfer and breach of contract.
- Represented an international financial institution in investigations by the United States Department of Justice and the New York State Department of Financial Services.
- Represented the director and officer of a major corporation in a state court action alleging breach of fiduciary duty and negligence.
- Represented the liquidators of a foreign company in a bankruptcy adversary proceeding against private equity firms and other defendants.
- Represented a natural gas company in the state court appeal of its successful arbitration award.
- "Successful Partnering Between Inside and Outside Counsel," Chapter 77 in "Products Liability," (Robert L. Haig), Thomson Reuters, 2012-2015, Chapter Update, 2015
- Contributor, "General Jurisdiction In New York After Daimler," New York Law Journal, October 17, 2014
- New York City Bar Association, Member
- New York State Bar Association, Member