Our global aviation group provides the all-round, specialist legal service needed by today’s aviation industry. We offer our clients the benefit of years of in-depth experience from all sides of the aviation business.
"Skill advising clients on a multitude of cross-border matters, including portfolio acquisitions, securitisations and export credit and AFIC financings." Chambers Global, 2021
Our aviation lawyers work with airlines, banks and financiers, lessors, manufacturers, insurers, export credit agencies, governments and regulatory bodies on the full range of aviation legal services, including fleet selection programs, partnering arrangements with fellow carriers, travel companies and other third parties, competition law compliance and a range of employment issues. We also advise on major aircraft financing and leasing transactions, including acting on significant ‘first-of-their-kind’ matters.
The team’s strength is bolstered by our aviation disputes group, which advises on all aspects of aviation industry disputes including delivery disputes, lease defaults and repossessions, airline passenger claims, risk management and contractual and insurance issues. We also have a truly global footprint which allows our lawyers to serve clients wherever they may need us.
Our areas of work include
- Antitrust and competition, including international regulatory systems and controls
- Bankruptcy, financial restructuring and insolvency
- Commercial agreements
- Corporate, M&A and securities
- Crisis management, including aviation accidents, cargo claims and the handling and management of passenger claims and injuries
- Employment and labor
- Finance and leasing
- Intellectual property
- Islamic finance
- Litigation and disputes, including lease defaults and redelivery disputes
- Sale and purchase of aircraft
- Sustainability and climate change, including carbon trading and environmental law
- Chambers Global, Global-wide: Asset Finance, Chambers and Partners, 2022
Virgin Australia: Challenges for aviation creditors and the implications for airline restructuring and insolvencies
Global | Video | April 05, 2022 | 13:02Bankruptcy, financial restructuring and insolvency