In our global and diversity and inclusion policy we set out
a number of general commitments to which all our regions
As a firm we commit to
- Actively support diversity and inclusion and to ensure
that all our people are valued and treated with dignity
- Strive continually to provide people with a working
environment that is free from discrimination.
- Ensure partners, directors and managers work in
partnership with their people to create and sustain an
inclusive working environment where everyone’s unique
contribution is valued.
- Ensure that decisions affecting employment, learning and
development, promotion and career development are
based on an individual’s ability and reflect genuine
- Comply with relevant legislation by requiring all people to
meet the minimum standards of behaviour and conduct
in relation to how they treat their colleagues and other
people they have contact with as part of their work with
- Regularly review the policy and its practical application
and make any updates to continue to work towards
identifying and eliminating any discriminatory practices.
- Provide everyone within the firm with the appropriate
information, via this policy, on diversity and inclusion in
the workplace as well as to provide diversity and inclusion
training for all our people.
- Make adjustments to meet the needs of people with
disabilities where reasonable and practicable to do so.
- Ensure all internal publications and material reflect,
in the language and images, the diversity of our people.
Our global diversity and inclusion objectives
and targets include the below
- We are committed to achieving 30 per cent female
representation on Excom, the global board, Mcoms,
regional boards and across the partnership in 2020.
- We are committed to increasing the cultural diversity
of our leadership committees across the partnership
- We are committed to creating an environment where
LGBTI colleagues can progress and develop their
careers based on merit and without fear of discrimination
- Our aspiration is to be a disability confident organisation.
We aim to offer a workplace and a culture that allows
people with disabilities to flourish.
- We will continue to focus recruitment efforts of
under-represented ethnic groups and ensure there are
effective talent management programmes in place to
identify, develop and sponsor a diverse range of high