Norton Rose Fulbright awarded Shipping Finance Law Firm of the Year
Global | Press release - Recognition | February 6, 2019
Global law firm Norton Rose Fulbright has been awarded ‘Shipping Finance Law Firm of the Year’, at the annual Global Transport Finance Awards. The Awards were held on January 31, 2019.
The award is presented to the firm that has acted for banks, borrowers and lenders on the most significant and innovative transactions in the shipping industry over the past year. It is awarded by Global Transport Finance’s editorial team and a panel of judges comprised of senior figures within the transport finance industry.
Norton Rose Fulbright is ranked Tier 1 in Chambers Global 2018, and is the i law Maritime Firm of the Year, Lloyd’s List North America Awards 2018.
Harry Theochari, global head of transport, commented:
“We have advised on many of the most innovative financings over the past 12 months, spanning restructurings, M&A, debt capital markets and asset and project financing. Receiving this award further demonstrates our position at the forefront of the market. In 2019, we expect demand for finance to increase, as confidence grows and new financial structures are developed. LNG and cruise in particular will require significant financing to meet demand in both these sectors. The introduction of new technology, including low carbon technology, will also be a key driver for new financings over the next 12 months, ahead of the introduction of IMO 2020 requiring ship owners to comply with a global sulphur cap for marine fuels.”
Norton Rose Fulbright’s global full service shipping team continues to act on some of the markets most high profile and sophisticated matters, including advising:
- Citigroup and other lenders of Danaos on a $2.2 billion restructuring of NYSE-listed Danaos Corp (DAC), one of the world’s largest independent owners of modern, large-size containerships.
- Gener8 Maritime Inc on the shipping aspects of its merger with Euronav NV, creating one of the world’s biggest independent operators of large crude tankers.
- Amsterdam Trade Bank N.V. on its first securitisation of shipping loans, via ATB Shipping Finance I B.V., arranged by Citibank.
- Fortune Lianjiang Shipping S.A. on the US$1.2 billion financing and delivery of the world’s first converted floating liquefied natural gas (FLNG) production vessel, “Hilli Episeyo”.
- A consortium of banks including UniCredit SpA, Mediocredito Italiano SpA and Banca IMI SpA on the financing for the construction of a new Ro/Ro Pax ferry, the first liquefied natural gas (LNG) powered ferry to sail the Mediterranean.
For further information please contact:
Kate Farrell, PR Executive
Tel: +44 20 7444 3724 Mob: +44 07515 324 290
Notes for editors:
Norton Rose Fulbright
Norton Rose Fulbright is a global law firm providing the world’s preeminent corporations and financial institutions with a full business law service. The firm has more than 4,000 lawyers and other legal staff based in Europe, the United States, Canada, Latin America, Asia, Australia, Africa and the Middle East.
Recognized for its industry focus, Norton Rose Fulbright is strong across all the key industry sectors: financial institutions; energy; infrastructure, mining and commodities; transport; technology and innovation; and life sciences and healthcare. Through its global risk advisory group, the firm leverages its industry experience with its knowledge of legal, regulatory, compliance and governance issues to provide clients with practical solutions to the legal and regulatory risks facing their businesses.
Norton Rose Fulbright operates in accordance with its global business principles of quality, unity and integrity, aiming to provide the highest possible standard of legal service in each of its offices and to maintain that level of quality at every point of contact.
Norton Rose Fulbright Verein, a Swiss verein, helps coordinate the activities of Norton Rose Fulbright members but does not itself provide legal services to clients. Norton Rose Fulbright has offices in more than 50 cities worldwide, including London, Houston, New York, Toronto, Mexico City, Hong Kong, Sydney and Johannesburg. For more information, see nortonrosefulbright.com/legal-notices.
Law around the world