Matthijs van Leeuwen
Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Matthijs van LeeuwenvCard
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Matthijs van Leeuwen is an energy lawyer (advocaat) based in Amsterdam.
Matthijs has significant experience advising on Dutch and European regulatory issues, renewables, emissions trading and energy infrastructure. Matthijs has been seconded to the trading department of one of the largest utilities in Europe.
He has broad experience in multiple national and international energy related projects, ranging from off and onshore wind projects to the first Dutch LNG terminal and the merchant interconnector linking the Dutch and UK high voltage grids.
LL.M. in International and European Law and Dutch Law (civil effect), University of Amsterdam
Minor in Economics, University of Amsterdam.
- Advocaat, qualified in the Netherlands
- Rechtsgebiedenregister van de Nederlandse orde van advocaten: Algemeen recht
- Listed in the register of legal practice areas of the Dutch Bar Association: Algemeen recht
- Matthijs regularly publishes articles on various developments in the energy sector. Recent publications include articles on the grid at sea, ‘smart’ energy infrastructure and the challenges relating to the handling of variable, renewable energy.
- Dutch Bar Association
- Dutch Association of Energy Law
Publication | October 05, 2022
Publication | September 27, 2022
Webinar | September 27, 2022