Norton Rose Fulbright Australia
Tricia HobsonTélécharger la carte virtuelle
Tricia Hobson is a litigation and insurance lawyer based in Sydney, and is widely recognised as an industry leader.
She is a leading Australian class action lawyer accountable for leadership, strategy and negotiations for four of the largest class actions in Australia.
Tricia advises both local and London insurers on complex coverage disputes and acts as lead defence counsel on class actions and difficult/multi-party litigation. Tricia has one of the largest London market practices in Australia, having worked with numerous companies and Lloyd's syndicates for over 20 years.
She has acted in many high profile, complex directors and officers disputes, as well as a range of other matters including professional indemnity, warranty & indemnity, cyber risk, product development, ASIC related actions, bribery and corruption investigations and whistle blower allegations. Tricia advises directors and boards in matters of governance and culture along with regulatory and compliance matters.
Tricia has a keen interest in innovation and the changing face of the insurance and legal sectors, demonstrated by her developing the firm's "Extend" program, a bespoke technology platform allowing law students to work remotely and flexibly on discrete, task-based projects.
Tricia sits on the firm's Global Board and is the Global Board leader for Diversity and Inclusion. She is also the Executive Sponsor for the LGBTI inclusion group.
- Bachelor of Laws LLB, University of New South Wales (1990)
- Bachelor of Science BSc, Physics and Mathematics major, University of New South Wales (1990)
- Harvard Business School, Authentic Leadership Course (2015)
- Australian Institute of Company Directors (AICD), Company Directors Course (2015)
- CEO Global Program: A Transformational Journey. A joint school program with China Europe International Business School, Shanghai (Module I); Wharton, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia (Module II — Strategic finance); and IESE Business School, University of Navarra, Barcelona (Module III) (2017/2018). Follow up program in Silicon Valley (July 2019).
- Leading class action lawyer in APL500 since 2016: "highly rated practice head"
- Leading insurance lawyer in APL500 for the last 10 years: stands out for her "her unmatched level of experience in class actions" and hailed as "a generational leader without peer for her London market knowledge."
- Ranked Band No.1 practitioner in Chambers (local and global Chambers) since 2009: recognised by clients to be "one of the best class action lawyers in Australia." Also noted as being "an extremely bright and diligent practitioner", having "a deep level of experience on complex multiparty litigation, both locally and internationally," being "very sound at advising on financial lines" with one source characterising her as a "fiercely intelligent lawyer who really fights your corner." Also referred to as legend in this space"
- Best Lawyers: Listed for Class Actions Litigation, since 2016; and Insurance Law since 2012. Litigation since 2018
- Doyle's Guide: ranked as Preeminent Leading Professional Indemnity Lawyers NSW, since 2016
- Recognised as a notable practitioner in Chambers UK Insurance Global wide category 2017
- Who's Who Legal: recognised Insurance and Reinsurance Lawyers, since 2015
- Recognised as Leading Female Lawyer: Euromoney LMG Women in Business Law 2013, and finalist for the Euromoney LMG Women in Business Law Awards 2014. Nominated 'Leading Female Lawyer' Euromoney LMG Woman in Business Awards 2016
- Acritas star since 2016
- Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Australian Insurance Law Association
- Australian Professional Indemnity Group
- Business Council of Australia
- International Bar Association
Publication | novembre 25, 2019
Publication | mars 20, 2019
Publication | April, 2018