Norton Rose Fulbright Canada S.E.N.C.R.L., s.r.l.
Lisa Cabel exerce en droit de l’emploi et du travail. Elle conseille et représente des employeurs tant du secteur public que du secteur privé relativement aux questions suivantes :
- Droit du travail – relations de travail, interprétation de conventions collectives, négociations collectives, demandes d’accréditation syndicale, injonctions et autres questions connexes.
- Droit de l’emploi – politiques et contrats d’emploi, mesures disciplinaires et licenciements, normes du travail, recours en congédiement injustifié, santé et sécurité au travail, insolvabilité et injonctions.
- Droit de la personne – recours en discrimination, plainte de harcèlement, politiques en milieu de travail et enquêtes en milieu de travail.
Mme Cabel a représenté des clients devant la Commission des relations de travail de l’Ontario, le Tribunal des droits de la personne de l’Ontario, la Cour supérieure de justice de l’Ontario, la Cour divisionnaire de l’Ontario et la Cour d’appel de l’Ontario. Elle a également agi avec succès comme médiatrice et arbitre dans de nombreuses causes.
B.A., University of Toronto, 2001
LL.B., Western University, 2004
- Ontario 2005
Ms. Cabel has represented clients in the following matters:
- Counsel for Green Shield Canada Inc. where the HRTO dismissed an application on the basis there was no prospect of success in a claim that alleged discrimination because the employer-sponsored insurance plan refused to pay for medical cannabis.
- A national consumer products company in arbitration further to which the just cause termination of an employee was upheld
- A subsidiary of one of the largest international software development companies successfully defending against an alleged constructive dismissal
- An insurance administrator in having an action dismissed on the basis the claim was arbitrable
- An international automotive manufacturer seeking an injunction against union employees
- A leading global logistics services provider in the timely negotiation of three collective agreements
- Numerous respondents, including the City of Toronto and a Toronto-area hospital, in defending against claims of discrimination
- "Training around workplace sexual harassment needs careful approach," Canadian Lawyer, June 2019
- "Workplace policies - Episode 4 | Employment and Labour | Canada - #metoo," October 2018
- "Ontario Litigator's Guide to Human Rights Practice," (Cabel: Litner), LexisNexis Canada (November 2017)
- "Coming soon to federally regulated employers: robust, proactive pay equity legislation," (Cabel, Erickson & Jensen 2018), Link: http:www.nortonrosefulbright.com/knowledge/publications/171726/coming-soon-to-federally-regulated-employers-robust-proactive-pay-equity-legislation
- "Recent Trends and Topics in Employment Law," Oracle Canada ULC, October 2018
- "Defining Just Cause, Employment Law Fundamentals Conference," Ontario Bar Association, October 2017
- "Mental Health and Accommodation – What you need to know," HRD Employment Law Masterclass, September 2017
- "The Essentials of Accommodation: A Roadmap For Employers, Unions, and Employees," Lancaster House, Human Rights and Accommodation Conference, April 2017
- "Managing Your Duty to Accommodate – Noteworthy Cases: 2016 -0 Date," Infonex Conference, March 2017
- "Managing the Independent Worker: Special Considerations for the IT World," Information Technology Association of Canada, March 20, 2016.
- "International Approaches to Employee Leaves and Flexible Work Arrangements: Lessons for the US?" ABA ERR Midwinter Meeting - International Breakfast Roundtable Panel, March 2016.
- "Challenges in Managing Addictions and Mental Illnesses and How to Plan Accordingly: Role of Unions and Management," Insight's National Healthcare Labour & Employee Relations 2015 Symposium, November 25, 2015.
- "Human Rights Damages: A Review," The Commons Institute Advanced Sessions in Constitutional and Human Rights Law Presentation, February 26, 2015.
- "Navigating the Preliminary Issues in Grievance Arbitrations," OBA Labour Law Essentials Program, October 15, 2014.
- Board member, Breakfast Club of Canada
- WiN, co-chair
- Canadian Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association
- Labour and employment section executive
- The Advocates' Society
- Former director, Golden Rescue
Publication | November 2018
Vidéo | October 2018