Norton Rose Fulbright Studio Legale
Related services and key industries
Luigi Costa is a finance, construction and M&A lawyer based in Milan. He focuses on energy, infrastructure, finance, debt restructuring and real estate.
Luigi has experience of matters involving banking and finance; real estate; M&A transactions; projects; corporate; acquisition and export credit financings; construction and engineering; civil; bankruptcy; and corporate law.
He regularly assists international and Italian lenders, funds, investors, developers, employers, contractors and suppliers on energy and infrastructure projects in private and public sectors both in Italy and abroad. He also has experience of assisting clients to participate in private and public tenders, debt restructuring and insolvency matters.
Luigi has advised on matters in the following areas: photovoltaics; wind farms; biogas, biomass and hydroelectric; solar rooftops and greenhouses; natural gas co-generation; water desalination; storage and energy efficiency projects; landfills; hospitals; shopping centres and luxury resorts; highways; and schools.
He joined us in 2010 and qualified as a lawyer at the Court of Milan in October 2012. He holds a law degree from Bocconi University of Milan and a Master Certificate in Domestic and International Banking Law from the IPSOA Training School. Luigi completed a six-month secondment in our Johannesburg office.
He is a native Italian speaker and is fluent in English.
- Avvocato, qualified in Italy
- Ranked: Notable Practitioner - Energy and infrastructure: Project deveopment, M&A IFLR 2020.
- Named Next Generation Lawyer in the following banking and finance categories: (i) Banking and finance: Borrower side; and (ii) Banking and finance: lender or arranger side. The Legal 500 2019.
- Ranked: The best in Italy. Client comments include: "Complete professional with great talent. I appreciated his determination and commitment. Dynamic and able to lead people to achieve results". "With more than ten transactions in the past year, Luigi has high level skills and competence for origination, transaction management and excellent knowledge of commercial contracts relating to projects. Legalcommunity Energy Report 2018.
- Client comments include: "Able to perform even within a short timescale." "Excellent work; extraordinary availability, dedication and proactivity." Legalcommunity Energy Report 2017.
- Luigi Costa is mentioned in an article focused on future leaders in the Italian legal market (for banking and finance) Legalcommunity MAG 2016.
January 07, 2020
November 13, 2019
October 24, 2019